rx7motorinmiata

95RAM
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i was thinking that i want a project car. I wanted to get a RX7 but they cost a lot of money, then i was looking at the miata but it has low horsepower (4 banger). So i thought to myself, put a RX7 engine in a miata. I was looking on the internet to see if anyone has ever did this or if its possible.

If anyone knows how, or anything related to this thought of mine please tell me.

thanks,

Bone

really do you know where cause all the rx7's i see unless the are the early 80's ones are for like 10 grand and up.

thanks for your responce.

don't do the rotary motor, they don't last. there are plenty of turbo/supercharger kits that can get that little miata 4 banger to 350+ horses.

The rotary motor in the rx-7 is natoriously weak, no to mention all of it's power is made in the upper rpm's 6k+, the main seal in the block can handel about 15lbs boost which is good for about 300-350 hp. but it might only last 2-3 months and unless you know how to replace it you'll be spending about 1500 each time it goes.

here is an idea buy an rx-7 with a blown motor and drop a LS1 (the motor used in corvettes) and run low 11's all day long reliably.

here is an idea buy an rx-7 with a blown motor and drop a LS1 (the motor used in corvettes) and run low 11's all day long reliably.
who the hell puts a chevy motor in a mazda?

Well ford dosnt build mazdas they just own the company because they bought them out a while ago. But I agree LS1 in an RX7 WTF, yah Chevys have a great reputation for being reliable...not.

rotor engines are laughably cheap in this part of the globe, and is a fantastic choice for project cars. unfortunate that this part of the world has very very very high gas prices so rotor engines are not in demand.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

95RAM

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
95RAM
Jensen Beach, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date