rust!? I ain't got time for rust!

Beatin'
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MI
Yesterday I popped the trunk to inspect and got water droplets on the amp. I wiped it down and thought no big deal.

Today, I saw the ground terminal screw is rusted! wtf!

There was also some condensation on the square part of the terminal but no rust.

Is this a problem? Will I have issues down the road?

well rust n moisture wont go good with electronics, i suggest new seals in the trunk or locate the leak. just a matter of time before the wrong thing gets corrdoed and fries

Yesterday I popped the trunk to inspect and got water droplets on the amp. I wiped it down and thought no big deal.
Today' date=' I saw the ground terminal screw is rusted! wtf!

There was also some condensation on the square part of the terminal but no rust.

Is this a problem? Will I have issues down the road?[/quote']

its not one of those normal michigan cars you can see through the side panel is it?

I dont think there is a leak at all.

I opened the trunk the day before and some of the water around the trunk lid dropped onto the amp. It was raining earlier. I thought I wiped it down correctly but apparently not. It was at the parking lot at work and I was kind of in a hurry to punch in. More water could have dropped onto the amp when I close the trunk. who knows....

But it is scaring me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I gotta figure out a way to cover the amp. Maybe some plastic wrap or something.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Beatin'

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Beatin'
MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date