running power wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

freddrick
10+ year member

phoenix
it has been a long time since I have installed my own stuff just had local shops do it now I want to do this one myself in a 02 accord my question is where do I go to get the power wire through the fire wall on this particular car? is there somewhere on either side of the engine compartment (same side as the battery) do you think that it would help to buy a flash light for working in poor lighting //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif just kidding any help would be appreciated

There SHOULD be a small hole that you should be able to run it through...look hard. If not youll have to bust out the drill..but know whats on both sides before you drill.

i have an accord too, i know for sure there's one on the left side cuz i am running some cables from there. Also, i m like 80% sure that there's one on the right side since my power cable is running from there.if you can't find the right one, the left one should be easy to see. it's just a circular black patch thru which some wires are running. use like a clothehanger or something, but don't force it too much.

in most accords, fin dhte fuse box..

(passenger side, near the windshield) unbolt it, should bea couple 10 mm bolts..

lift it up and out of the way..

you should see a nice big fat rubber grommet runnign through th efirwall..

break out teh box cutter..

this comes out on the passenger side behind the glove box..

just pull out that glove box and have fun.

not unless you ahve a ridiculously poior cooling system...

BUT, tis always a good idea to put that plastic coverign **** on it..

you know the hard plastic casing (still flexible) that fits over the wire..

and make sure to zip tie the wire ot the edges of the engine bay..

ie - across the winshield edge...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.