Running power wire under vehicle.

Participant count
  • Participant list

husker77
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Nebraska
Is it ghetto or acceptable? Just picked up a 12" eclipse aluminum at a garage sale for $25 for my kids ext cab s-10. Going to run some wire to the back of the cab. I would like to just run it under the cab and tie it to the frame, but want to do it right.

Is it ghetto or acceptable? Just picked up a 12" eclipse aluminum at a garage sale for $25 for my kids ext cab s-10. Going to run some wire to the back of the cab. I would like to just run it under the cab and tie it to the frame, but want to do it right.
Your good, just make sure it isnt close to any hot exhaust / engine parts and cover it with either tech flex or wire loom.

on trucks I like running under them tucked up and zip tied to the frame and just pooped up through the floor where I need it, it makes for a real easy and clean looking install.

the real trick is protecting it from damage and the grommet at the floor. i've seen it routed in liquidtight flexible conduit (grey) which gives it a perfect protection. then use a firewall grommet at the floor penetration.

the real trick is protecting it from damage and the grommet at the floor. i've seen it routed in liquidtight flexible conduit (grey) which gives it a perfect protection. then use a firewall grommet at the floor penetration.
Thats why I said run it up high and zipped to the frame usually you can find a factory harness and run along it and as for coming through the floorboard look around under the vehicle there's more then likely a few grommet hole's already there not in use, so you simply cut a slit in them to run through at least this has been my exp with 4 different trucks.

I always run power under the car.....and so does the auto mfg........I usually zip tie my cable to the frame or another factory cable

along the frame -

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.