Running coaxials off of a Crossfire mono amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Spike243
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Montana
I have a crossfire bmf250m mono amp and i was wondering if it is possible to run a pair of phoenix gold Ti5CXs that are 60wrms and 120peak with this amp? I believe this is a class A/B mono amp but i wasn't sure. How could i wire the speakers so i dont overpower them?

Does it have a filter adjustment? Ex. Full pass, low pass, or high pass?
Yes there is a switch for high pass, low pass, and flat. There is also a frequency adjustment.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

you can but it would sound like ****
I think this amp is a Class A/B so why would it sound bad?

Yes there is a switch for high pass, low pass, and flat. There is also a frequency adjustment. 

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

I think this amp is a Class A/B so why would it sound bad?
lol you said it was a mono amp thats why i said that but its a full range amp just set it to hi pass and be happy

ok thanks. Both of the speakers are 4 ohm and that amp puts out 250 watts at 2 ohm and 125 at 4 ohm so would i be better off running the speakers in parallel at 2 ohm with each one getting 125 watts (double what they need) and set my gain way down or would I be better off running in series at 8 ohm and each one getting roughly 32 watts? (half of what they need)

yea i have an alpine type r 15 and a kicker 750.1 runnin it. I am planning on getting a 4 channel amp but i just wanted to get some use out of this amp because it was just laying around. Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thats cool. Wire them into a 2 ohm load and keep the gain at a reasonable setting. I power up 50 watt alpines in my home with 300 watt amps at lower settings all the time, so your good to go. Have you hooked it up yet? And why arent you putting the coaxials up front, later

Not sure why no one has mentioned this, but if it is a mono amp and you are running it to your front speakers, there will be no imaging whatsoever. Not just a ****** HU and amp sound, but no left or right. To me that sounds like ass. You may as well listen to AM radio. It will work, but not worth it IMHO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.