Running 1200w on a Honda Accord stock battery?

SPLmatic
10+ year member

word
Pretty self explanatory. Will my stock battery be efficient enough to run 1200w rms on? Or should I invest in another battery?

I guess you'd have to be a Honda dude to really answer my question, but I really know close to nothing when it comes to my battery and other car electrical properties.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

What year Accord do you have? I know a regular-sized battery easily fits in 2003-up Accords where the tiny factory battery sits.
I have a 2001. A buddy of mine has a 95 3000gt and he runs 1800w total daily no problem. Figured I would be fine too.

So should I invest in.. say.. a 600w kinetik? Or just get a whole new battery?

Well your Honda alternator can't be that large.

Voltage drops will bring a premature death to your alternator in short.

Big 3 needs to be done. I personally would do your under hood battery first.

i drive a 2002 accord v6....my nine.1 ran just fine and never dropped below 11.7 volts.....short answer yes you will be fine but you cant play full tilt for more then a song or two...then wait a like 30 seconds and go again...or just add a redtop up front and a hc600 in the rear and you will be fine

get bigger batt up front...kinetik...xs power..batcap..sumthing of that nature and big 3..should hold up ok after that..as long as u never listen to music wit vehicle off for long periods of time..or jsut try avoiding playin it off all together

get bigger batt up front...kinetik...xs power..batcap..sumthing of that nature and big 3..should hold up ok after that..as long as u never listen to music wit vehicle off for long periods of time..or jsut try avoiding playin it off all together
word. It'll be a month or so before I'll actually get it all hooked up, and I suppose I'll get a new battery in early June. Would be **** last until then?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.