running 0awg

Participant count
  • Participant list

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hi there,

i currently have 2 sa 12s, with a rockford fosgate 1500.

stock 110A alternator

4awg running from batt

and i have 7ft cadence 0g on the way for the big 3.

now my goal is to leave the 4guage running, to (in the future) amp my speakers.

id like to get a 0guage kit and run that through my car to power my amp.

i drive a 2006 chevrolet malibu lt v6, im just curious on how hard it is to run 0guage and if i would have enough room., and if i wanted to leave my speakers for later, all i would need to do is run the 0guage from batt to the amp correcft?

thanks

There are so many ways to run 0 gauge man. Don't be scared of taking your car apart. I used to be really scared that I was going to mess something up but once you do it a couple of times it becomes easy.

well thers 4 guage ran now, do you think i would be able to just run 0guage and follow that?

and when doing the big 3, some ppl use fuses or something, am i find if i just put tubing around the wires? it wouldnt short anything out would it?

im just afraid of my panels not being able to push back down with 0 guage ran, not quite sure lol

thanks

You may have to take seats out or run underneath the the car.

Trust your judgement.

I've never used a fuse on the big 3 mostly because it's a pita to try to mount somewhere, but it's technically what you are supposed to do.

why not remove the 4 gauge and just go all 0 gauge...just get a distribution block
That's less wirez bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

If I were you, OP, turn the 4 gauge run into a ground run.

That's less wirez bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
If I were you, OP, turn the 4 gauge run into a ground run.
can you please eleaborate more, i was told to take the 4awg out and just do 0 to a block by the install guy, but i was told if i run 2 sep kits, itll be better power?

Leaving the factory wire in or taking it out really is up to you. Your big 3 run is short enough that you can carry a lot more current safely than you can from a 15' run to the back of the vehicle. I took my factory wiring out because I wanted to clean it up

Leaving the factory wire in or taking it out really is up to you. Your big 3 run is short enough that you can carry a lot more current safely than you can from a 15' run to the back of the vehicle. I took my factory wiring out because I wanted to clean it up
well for the big 3 , i plan on leaving the wire thats there, and just adding.

now for my 0 guage wire for the amp, should i use a dist block, or run both 0guage, and 4 guage. 0 guage for subs, 4 guage for speakers.

the 4 guage is currently already ran, but ill be buying a 0 guage kit soon for 65$ off ebay. cadence.

u in California? if you in the socal area (IE) come by with the wire ill help you out. buy me lunch we can call it even //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.