Rs and CVRs, is it worth it?

Kickerkitty
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
kk
Ok guys, I have an opportunity to switch from CVRs to Type-Rs at an affordable price.

I would be giving them 600 watts each in a 30hz ported enclosure, with 2.4 cu ft each.

Now can anyone tell me, Can I expect an increase in SQ and SPL, and if so, anyone have a good idea how much?

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Ok guys, I have an opportunity to switch from CVRs to Type-Rs at an affordable price.
I would be giving them 600 watts each in a 30hz ported enclosure, with 2.4 cu ft each.

Now can anyone tell me, Can I expect an increase in SQ and SPL, and if so, anyone have a good idea how much?

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
i doubt you will notice a big change... maybe a little deeper sound is all, but no one can be sure

Somebody out there must have had both, lets hear it!!!

i did. my first setup was 2 cvr's 12'' in a 4.5 cube box tuned to like 38 recieving 500 watts. my second setup was 1 type R in a 2 cube @ 28 recieving the same 500 watts. the one type R was much louder. i hav e type R in a 3 cube enclosure and its even louder now.

i did. my first setup was 2 cvr's 12'' in a 4.5 cube box tuned to like 38 recieving 500 watts. my second setup was 1 type R in a 2 cube @ 28 recieving the same 500 watts. the one type R was much louder. i hav e type R in a 3 cube enclosure and its even louder now.
I call BS.....total BS. Do I even have to explain myself why?

I call BS.....total BS. Do I even have to explain myself why?

lol. What, do you think he is some sort of Alpine rep in disguise trying to boost production sales? I would say that it is totally possible, considering that his old setup was tuned so high, the Type R at 28hz could sound louder to the ear. The mic may tell a different story. But seriously, why make that up?

Saying the Type-R will have less SQ?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Wrong they will sound so much better then the CVR. I have owned both and tried both in many different applications. The Type-R always sounded alot better.

i used to have a 15" CVR and i liked it, then i switched to a 12 R later, i'd say it got louder, but the box for the R ****** (built by me)......................overall i liked the R better becasue the sound quality was alot better (gave both 600 RMS)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.