RPM whine noise?

standard85
10+ year member

FL
I know theres already a thread about engine whine noises and everything to do about it. I have good stinger RCA's, The amps are grounded on the battery(which some 1 told me is the best ground), I have a Pioneer HU and I tried the wrapping wire around the RCA outs and grounding them to the HU, I tried adding an extra ground to the HU to give it a better ground. I also ran the wiring seperate, but there is still 1 speaker wire on thhe side of the power and remote wire, didnt have enough wire to take it out and run some other on the other side of the car,so I left it. I tried to minimize the problem by checking if its the HU or amp, So I disconnected the RCA wires from the HU and the amp was still on and it kept making the whine noise to the RPM's. If any 1 has any other recommendations for this problem I would appprecciate it, thanks.

ground loop isolator on RCA going to amp. little box u plug the rca's into and it has little mini rca's that plug into the amp.
do those work good?

Also, make sure your power wire to all amps is large enough to handle the load when running the system, if they aren't, they create resistance in the wire and cause it to act as an antenna.

One way to make sure this isn't happening is to make sure there is zero voltage drop at the amps from the battery, throw your dmm on the amp pos and neg terminals and make sure it is the same as the pos and neg terminals on the battery...

shaneb, everything ive heard was good. at first i thought he had what we like to call the POS pioneer problem til he said he grounded the rca's.
I wasn't arguing it wasn't, I was sincerely curious as to whether or not ground loop isolators work well.

I have some of the same issues minus the pioneer HU and i didn't get those cause i didn't know if it was worth the 45 bucks for 3 of them...

Well, I have had bad experience with ground loop isolators... Cut my bass in half and still didn't fix the noise... So I say they worthless.. actually bad... Tried 2 different kinds/brands too... Could just be me though.. Good Luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.