Rounded edged. Just wood glue?

CousinVin
10+ year member

I'm about to start in on another box, but i haven't ever rounded the edges of them. Its going to be a bandpass for an RE XXX being pushed by 1500 watts (ik.. i wish i had more too). I would just wood glue everything, but I'm afraid something might give if i push it too hard in the future. will i be fine with just wood glue?

Just take your time. If you glue a few pieces and leave them clamped for awhile you'll be fine. Unless you have a lot of clamps your not going to build this thing all in one shot. Once the glue cures it will be a stronger bond than screws could ever achieve.

clear gorilla glue...strongest super glue on the market right now. works perfect for wood.
If the glue your talking about is anything like normal gorilla glue, I wouldn't use it. Gorilla glue expands when it dries and that would wreak havoc on your joints...Use a glue designed for wood (i.e. WOOD GLUE)

straight up glue is fine, just use clamps...If need be you can screw it together to hold it temporarily, then back the screws out when dry and fill the holes with wood glue.

I like to apply a thick bead of searching to my MDF joints. Works great and now I have some very strong enclosures w/o the use of screws.

clear gorilla glue...strongest super glue on the market right now. works perfect for wood.
no no no. this glue expands. why would you want glue that expands in a joint?

titebond II or even better III

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.