Round port help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Banzai250

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone! Newbie here with a dumb question please! I’m currently running a 3 inch round port on same side of my American bass xd12 woofers ( two woofers with wall between, 2.15 cu ft each ) I like to run 4 inch port but I don’t have enough space to fit the woofer and the port together ! My questions is can I run 4 inch inside the box and connect with a 3-4 inch reducer ? Would it make any difference ? Btw right now the box are tune to 30 hertz , Thanks in advance 👍

Keep the same size port. Using reducers will **** with tuning and cause compression on the port which will hurt output.

3 inch ports are undersized for those woofers. You need to be using 4s or a single 6. You can buy pvc elbows at hardware stores to bend the port tubes to achieve your desired length.

Thanks for the reply ! I don’t think I can fit 4 inch port to the same direction as the woofer , let me ask you this , are 2.0 cuft enough for the AB XD12 ? I also pick up a set of Audio pipe Txx-Bd2-12 . Will it work in the same box or I need to build a bigger one ? Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.