Rookie question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Rookie question. Been buisy with work. So things slip my brain train. If i have a 1000rms example jl jx1000.1d would it.be over kill for some infinity reference 1250 12s (2) ??
If you are talking about these subs.. You will be fine wired down to 2 ohm load on a pair of subs. Tune appropriately and you will be just fine. that amp will not run so hard with plenty of head room and should run a bit cooler as well , with proper ventilation, and the correct supply for the demand for that amp.

Rookie question. Been buisy with work. So things slip my brain train. If i have a 1000rms example jl jx1000.1d would it.be over kill for some infinity reference 1250 12s (2) ??
I ran that amp in the past a few years ago along with the 360/4 and they both did very nice for me. Great series. Jl does make some really great amps. Slash series were some really great ones Ive used. The JX series are pretty dammned reliable

I ran that amp in the past a few years ago along with the 360/4 and they both did very nice for me. Great series. Jl does make some really great amps. Slash series were some really great ones Ive used. The JX series are pretty dammned reliable
I really liked my JL G1700 amp matched with the JL W6 12. Still one of my favorite setups I’ve had.

Easy answer, You'll be fine. I have a stinger MT-1000.1 on a pair of Rockville K5 10's right now. They are rated at 300 watts and I have them at 1ohm. I tuned my amp at volume 34 and my subwoofer volume on my headunit at max. I listen to my music at 20 and my subwoofer volume at 1/2.

If you are talking about these subs.. You will be fine wired down to 2 ohm load on a pair of subs. Tune appropriately and you will be just fine. that amp will not run so hard with plenty of head room and should run a bit cooler as well , with proper ventilation, and the correct supply for the demand for that amp.

Okay so for wiring these 2 are 4ohms but my choices would be either 1 ohm or 4 ohm. How do i get 2ohm. Again sorry i cant believe my installing knowledge went out the window like that. Customers at a restaurant are killing me

Okay so for wiring these 2 are 4ohms but my choices would be either 1 ohm or 4 ohm. How do i get 2ohm. Again sorry i cant believe my installing knowledge went out the window like that. Customers at a restaurant are killing me
Then you'd need to run at 4ohm...that amp isn't rated at 1 ohm

If you want to run a pair of SVC4 subs, these are your options for best results for that amplifier that is rated @2ohm mono stable.

These are the specs of that amplifier.

I dont know of any JL mono amplifier on the market at the moment that is 1 ohm mono stable. They could have came out with one by now or soon will

If you have not purchased either yet, Id recommend sitting down with a budget and taking a look at your criteria for your install before spending funds. There are quite a few other brands that meet or exceed the choices youve chosen. Do you want to run a 4 ohm substage? A 2 Ohm Substage? A 1Ohm substage or 0.50? 1/4 Ohm? 8Ohm? 16Ohm? Do you want the Cleanest SubStage possible or Just Straight out Raw SPL? Daily system, Compt. system, SQ, SQL, or Loud, A burp system?I mean??????/ Type of vehicle makes a difference, type of enclosure preparations ect, electrical system for the supply for the demand. All kinds of factors to make your music listening experience worth the time , money and efforts

Thats alright.. slow down for a few and take in a little O2 and Breathe man. LOL :LOL: .Information is easily found on the Internet these days. Have you purchased anything yet????????? Whats your budget? What is the vehicle?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...