roof bracing???

Participant count
  • Participant list

RangerDangerV2
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
st cloud MN
I recently pulled out all of the ranger's carpet and I am getting ready to start bracing and deadning.... now for the roof I was going to brace it with a sheet of mdf... the question is should I put up the mdf first and then deaden over the mdf bracing or vice versa???

you may want to make MDF ribs that are siliconed to the roof. then the new MDF sheet can attach to the ribs and you can deaden the metal in-between the ribs. that's what i've seen done.

no reason to deaden MDF, and once you cover the roof you won't have access to deaden metal.

you really don't need deadening anyway - you just want rigidity.

Don't use MDF as it will delaminate if the roof still flexes. I used birch in mine, still had some flex and you could hear the outer laminate tear apart.

I prefer a solid hardwood, even 1" pine is fine. Use PL glue to attach it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.