Rolls Royce Tray Tables/Monitor Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangonay

These are the bare brackets from a RR Phantom. They were replaced under warranty due to a couple very small blemishes (shown later).

both.jpg

The blemishes. If you look closely you can see a slight crease on the trim covering the levers. I had to take several pics before I could get them to show up.

defect1.jpg

Shot of the tray mechanics.

tray1.jpg

Shot of the monitor flip up portion showing the mechanics.

monitor1.jpg

A full size iPad Air for reference.

monitor3.jpg

And this is what they look like in the actual car, to give you an idea how they work.

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat3.jpg

seat5.jpg

It's hard to show in pictures how well these are made. The quality of the hardware, levers/joints, bearings and all components is, as you would expect in a Rolls Royce, first rate.

Simply add your choice of monitor/tablet and a little custom work to make your own "tray table" and "seat back covering" and you're going to have your buddies wondering where you got these from. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I can provide detailed pictures of these in and out of the vehicle from any angle to give you an idea of exactly how they are assembled and how the monitor & trim are attached so it would be easy for you to customize them to your liking.

These are a matching pair and I do not want to split them up.

$750 firm for the pair (an absolute steal compared to retail prices).

^ I'm aware they are an odd item, just putting a feeler out there. I've spent far too much money over the years on car audio, and my systems are modest compared to so many I've seen. And I've seen people drop huge $$$ for custom interior work that dwarves the cost of the actual components they installed. These would appeal to that type of person.

I don't understand why a set of freaking brackets would be $750.. Moreless $3,000... How the **** do you make a bracket worth 3k.. It doesn't look solid gold to me.

Anyways, pretty neat though to have something like that worth so much for no reason! Haha

^ I'm aware they are an odd item, just putting a feeler out there. I've spent far too much money over the years on car audio, and my systems are modest compared to so many I've seen. And I've seen people drop huge $$$ for custom interior work that dwarves the cost of the actual components they installed. These would appeal to that type of person.
You'd need to pitch these to a shop that does overpriced installs for people who have more money than brains. The sort of person who will throw down that kind of dough on a bracket is NOT a DYI'er and will not be found on this forum.

How the **** do you make a bracket worth 3k..
The same way you make a 4" hinge 70$ Build it at the Rolls Royce factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

dangonay

dangonay
Vancouver
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies