Rolls Royce Tray Tables/Monitor Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangonay

These are the bare brackets from a RR Phantom. They were replaced under warranty due to a couple very small blemishes (shown later).

both.jpg

The blemishes. If you look closely you can see a slight crease on the trim covering the levers. I had to take several pics before I could get them to show up.

defect1.jpg

Shot of the tray mechanics.

tray1.jpg

Shot of the monitor flip up portion showing the mechanics.

monitor1.jpg

A full size iPad Air for reference.

monitor3.jpg

And this is what they look like in the actual car, to give you an idea how they work.

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat3.jpg

seat5.jpg

It's hard to show in pictures how well these are made. The quality of the hardware, levers/joints, bearings and all components is, as you would expect in a Rolls Royce, first rate.

Simply add your choice of monitor/tablet and a little custom work to make your own "tray table" and "seat back covering" and you're going to have your buddies wondering where you got these from. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I can provide detailed pictures of these in and out of the vehicle from any angle to give you an idea of exactly how they are assembled and how the monitor & trim are attached so it would be easy for you to customize them to your liking.

These are a matching pair and I do not want to split them up.

$750 firm for the pair (an absolute steal compared to retail prices).

I cant beat that- but apparently you can //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Seems like someone wanted to come on and make it look like they own a RR. No one here will pay 750 for a set of brackets. An absolute steal, ****.

I don't care if I did have the money I would never pay that kind of money for a RR.

I couldn't in good conscious spend that much on a car to make my **** feel bigger when there are kidsin America starving.

Whatever helps you sleep at night and feel better about yourself.

^ I don't own a Rolls Royce, not sure why you'd say I'm "pretending" to have one. I'm a technician that works on them. Warranty replacement parts are kept for a period of time in case the factory wants them back and after that they get thrown out. Technicians often go through the "throwaway" parts to see if there's anything they want to keep. This is where I got these from.

Seems like someone just wants to find a reason to complain and throw insults around before thinking a little.

BTW, these brackets run for over $3k from Rolls Royce. That's for one of them, not the pair.

^ I don't own a Rolls Royce, not sure why you'd say I'm "pretending" to have one. I'm a technician that works on them. Warranty replacement parts are kept for a period of time in case the factory wants them back and after that they get thrown out. Technicians often go through the "throwaway" parts to see if there's anything they want to keep. This is where I got these from.
Seems like someone just wants to find a reason to complain and throw insults around before thinking a little.

BTW, these brackets run for over $3k from Rolls Royce. That's for one of them, not the pair.
Actually its 3000$ with warranty and 2000 without warranty if purchased from a US rolls royce certified dealership.

You can call any service in europe/germany that rents/sells rolls royce and get the part 750+shipping.

I help out at lucas auto shop doing small work on lambos/rolls royce/farraris/corvettes etc... So no you must be a technician in a dealership.

Anyone in houston, tx can check us out were located on grant rd near malcomson rd in front of hamilton elementary. Both the manager and owner have there lambos parked in the front.

^ Yes, dealership technician. I'd be curious where in Europe these can be had for $750. Can you provide a link to any? I simply quoted the dealership price as there really is no place I know of outside of a dealer you could get them (aside from a wrecker, and they aren't going to be giving stuff away).

And that's $750 for one, I'm guessing?

^ Yes, dealership technician. I'd be curious where in Europe these can be had for $750. Can you provide a link to any? I simply quoted the dealership price as there really is no place I know of outside of a dealer you could get them (aside from a wrecker, and they aren't going to be giving stuff away).
And that's $750 for one, I'm guessing?
I couldn't point you in the right direction as i do not purchase parts for a car i do not own. I help work on them.

There is a reason non dealerships find cheaper parts, they get it from the source. Purchasing directly from the middle man cuts down the price and dealerships always raise prices for parts they do not have in stock 24/7 and have to be back ordered.

Yes that is the price for one as all parts are hand made and leather is stitched by hand.

^ I think you mean that is the price for a bare bones bracket without leather or wood. When they are replaced the wood veneer and leather are swapped over to the new bare bracket, as all wood & leather in a RR is matched at the RR factory - there are no outside companies that handle wood or leather.

I'm well aware of non-dealerships finding cheaper parts - I worked in a Jaguar/Rolls/Range Rover independent shop for many years, and we often found outside components that were far cheaper than the dealer. But that only works for some parts - many are dealer-only. I've searched for these brackets and haven't seen anyone selling them, which is why I was curious if you had found a place.

If they were easily available then I'd gladly adjust my price downwards accordingly.

^ I think you mean that is the price for a bare bones bracket without leather or wood. When they are replaced the wood veneer and leather are swapped over to the new bare bracket, as all wood & leather in a RR is matched at the RR factory - there are no outside companies that handle wood or leather.
I'm well aware of non-dealerships finding cheaper parts - I worked in a Jaguar/Rolls/Range Rover independent shop for many years, and we often found outside components that were far cheaper than the dealer. But that only works for some parts - many are dealer-only. I've searched for these brackets and haven't seen anyone selling them, which is why I was curious if you had found a place.

If they were easily available then I'd gladly adjust my price downwards accordingly.
To get this kind of info you will need to be in contact with companies over seas.

I bought a small trailer that uses hinges made by Rolls Royce. They were pretty well busted up when I got them.... I almost vomited when I called to price replacements.

I'm quite confident that 750$ would be a good deal for 99.9% of the parts at a RR dealership.

The Achile's Heel of your plan is that you're posting these on a forum with the biggest collection of chiselers and deadbeats on the internet.

Furthermore, I'd suspect that the sort of person that would pay 750$ for a Rolls Royce tray has enough money that they'd never even look online for it and simply have their dealership order it for them and not blink at the 3000$ MSRP.

Definitely a cool item but you'll likely be hard pressed to find the buyer that sees the worth of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

dangonay

dangonay
Vancouver
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies