Rockwood amps

XanderMoser
10+ year member

Poor college student
Wisconsin
I've been offered another trade, but I can't seem to find anything on these amps that someone is offering me. Has anyone ever used a Rockwood amp? From what little I can find, they are old school amps with low THD, possibly made in the mid 90s.

The two models that he offered are the Super Blast Series Detonator x899 100x4 @ 4 ohms and the Detonator x479 150x2 or 300x1 @ 4 ohms. I am more interested in the x479 to power my sub.

And I am not looking for a super high quality amp, just something known to be reliable and not underrated.

Thanks for any input.

Wow...thanks guys. Dang, seems like I'll never be able to get a decent trade. Everyone always tries to trade me crap. What would I do without you?

Rockwood is one of those stellar brands you oftentimes see at those "Car Audio Blowout!" sales at your local fairgrounds (if you are at all familiar with what I'm talking about)

The Rockwoods can be seen prominently displayed right next to the DHD, Legacy Heritage, Pyle, Boss, and other top-notch brands for sale at those really provocative prices.

If you feel that my post is simply dripping with sarcasm you'd be right....

Rockwood is crap, plain and simple.

what do you have to trade bud?
I used to be more into home theater, but now I'm getting more into car audio. I already sold my receiver and center channel to a friend. Now I'm trying to sell/trade my video projector. I paid $500 for it refurbished just over one year ago. It is 480p compatible for DVD players and is 800x600 native with a computer input. I will miss it a lot, but right now I really need some cash and also want a sub amp or some components or coax components for my car. Here's my thread...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224435

I've been offered another trade, but I can't seem to find anything on these amps that someone is offering me. Has anyone ever used a Rockwood amp? From what little I can find, they are old school amps with low THD, possibly made in the mid 90s.

The two models that he offered are the Super Blast Series Detonator x899 100x4 @ 4 ohms and the Detonator x479 150x2 or 300x1 @ 4 ohms. I am more interested in the x479 to power my sub.

And I am not looking for a super high quality amp, just something known to be reliable and not underrated.

Thanks for any input.
I have the X479 and for a cheaper priced amp ,Id give it a 7-8 out of 10 rating . I used it for 2) 10" pioneer subs ,Then for a single 15" Lanzar sub. Both setups sound great. Now it's being used for my mids. The year I bought it was around 2000 and it's still going strong .

I have the X479 and for a cheaper priced amp ,Id give it a 7-8 out of 10 rating . I used it for 2) 10" pioneer subs ,Then for a single 15" Lanzar sub. Both setups sound great. Now it's being used for my mids. The year I bought it was around 2000 and it's still going strong .

You bumped a 16 year old thread to reply to someone who has not been here in 15 years...
really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...