rockwood 600 watt 4 channel w/ dual crossovers goin into protection mode

Participant count
  • Participant list

luke22494

my amp will go into protection mode if i turn the gain up over halfway at medium to medium high volume with my sub bridged. its pushing a rockford r1 prime 10''. i tried it unbridged and it didnt do near as quick. any thoughts?im not sure of what model the amp is but it has a bare aluminum frame with a clear plastic cover over the internals.the amp is mosfet powered too.

In addition to buying a better amplifier, you need to use the proper size power and ground cables. Don't ground the amp with a self-tapping screw. Fuse the power wire as close to the battery as possible. I hope I don't need to keep going, but I will if you have questions.

^^^Yep and also make sure you have no shorts, exposed wires, all the connections are tight, etc...

And yes Rockwood is a ripoff brand, it's suppose to fool people thinking it's Rockford Fosgate. Rockwood is lower than stuff from Walmart.

Amps go into protect when there is a problem. It being, too little power, resistance(ohm) load too low, amp too hot, speaker short. So start looking, I'm sure you have an amp capable of pushing power to speakers cleanly, the thing is the watts it delivers reliably will be very low...

Also be aware that the gain is not a volume control. You don't get full power with the gain control at max, you have to match the gain to your source. Those amps don't come anywhere close to rated power, so you either need an oscilloscope to set it up without it clipping, or just turn it down to the point where it doesn't go into protect. It is what it is - a $50 amp.

ok thanks i just got a blaupunkd tha275pnp. anybody know anything about them
Ummmm, that is a discontinued 190 watt RMS amplifier and online reviews is not good... that they either don't work out of the box or breaks after awhile.

Blaupunkt THA275PnP 300W Max, THA Plug-n-Play Series 2-Channel

Blaupunkt is a German brand but they never really made any "awesome" products that people can remember. They used to make pretty decent headunits and named them after cities in the US. Last time I heard about them is back in early 2000s when they came out with those ultra-efficient class T (or whatever) amp that's so efficient that they used plastic as the casing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.