rockford speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
i'm heading to stereosales at some point, hopefully tomorrow to test them all out. They installed my new headunit last week and i'm pretty happy with it so i'd buy from them... The best buy here believe it or not only has 1 head unit and 1 set of speakers hooked up so you can't go around testing them all out (ridiculous right?!)

i'm heading to stereosales at some point, hopefully tomorrow to test them all out. They installed my new headunit last week and i'm pretty happy with it so i'd buy from them... The best buy here believe it or not only has 1 head unit and 1 set of speakers hooked up so you can't go around testing them all out (ridiculous right?!)
Whaaat? Last time I was in there that was not the case at all. Every set of speakers and every single headunit were avail. to test... weird.

Yeah I do say I can't stand the douchenozzle @ Audio Addictions... He told me using birch wood makes boxes weak and sounds bad... el o el. His 3/4" MDF is the baddest isht ever used in box construction.

And he is better than his customers as well.

and no Im.no.mad... he's just "Sir Douchenozzle"

haha yeah i didn't go there but i did go to auto audiophiles and to be honest i just wasn't thrilled with them. The guy was kinda just like "what do you need?" from the second I walked in the door. An attitude change might've gotten him the business, guess the down economy hasn't affected him at all and he can afford to let a possible loyal customer walk out the door (heh...) Everyone at stereosales was as nice as can be, my radio has a dimmer that activates with the headlights and after leaving after the install i realized it didn't actiavet i just gave them a call and they hooked up the illumination wire with no complaints at all. I'll stick with them...

i have the P1572's. a level up. and i totaly love em so far, but dont expect any miracles out of the bass department. If you have subs then they are perfect, but them alone is kinda... hmm... i would say "sharp sounding". They are great speakers for the price and I have only ran them off HU power. Getting them hooked up to my hifonics amp pretty soon here, that would help the midbass alot... if ur getting those i suggest an external amp. But different cars have different sound reproduction so Its kinda hard to tell you exactly what it would sound like. But for the price they are very nice speakers.

great, i found a great deal on those, $55/pair. I don't have a sub or an amp, but my factory speakers are EXTREMELY bass-y something i've been told is abnormal for factory speakers... possibly due to the way the door acts as a cabinet for the speaker? Either way, i don't want a ton of bass, just an upgrade in sound, even if I lose a little bass. Would these be a good option or would you go with the Polk DB651s over them?

i have the P1572's. a level up. and i totaly love em so far, but dont expect any miracles out of the bass department. If you have subs then they are perfect, but them alone is kinda... hmm... i would say "sharp sounding". They are great speakers for the price and I have only ran them off HU power. Getting them hooked up to my hifonics amp pretty soon here, that would help the midbass alot... if ur getting those i suggest an external amp. But different cars have different sound reproduction so Its kinda hard to tell you exactly what it would sound like. But for the price they are very nice speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.