Rockford p3's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Winter_C
10+ year member

Teh Pinto Driver
Hey, just starting out in the SPL world and i got two 12" Rockford P3's....I was told to get away from name brand stuff if i want to start building systems without spending LOADS of money for the name. I am going to stick with these subs for now but i want to build a bigger box....I have not measured the space i got in back of my car but it is a 1974 ford pinto...yes a pinto. There is no backseat and no panels in the car, i gutted it...just front two seats. If someone could tell me how big of a box to build, port size, all that...even a layout maybe? i would really really appreciate it.

Thanks!

if you didnt wanna spend loads of money on big mainstream brands why rf? lol

but people will ask you for more info, do you just wanna get loud, what kinda amp do you have to work with, etc..

Honestly, i traded two alumapro alusonics str8 up for these subs....and i paid nothing for my alumapros...yeah i am basically looking to get louder...had it db'ed last weekend and i only hit 139.5....not satisfied at all

Amp: Rockford Fosgate P3001....Probably going to order one more..unless you can suggest a different amp that is fairly priced. can get another of these for 50$ paid $80 for current one. Will upgrade down the road but i want to throw something together before the 29th...

Cap: 1 farid Rockford

Wiring: 4Ga

Stock alternator...yeah that is pretty much it. dont plan to do anything to motor on this car because i got a 302 that i plan to put in over the Winter season.

well if you got another one of those amps i think both of your p3001's would be enough for just 1 of those subs, just looking at the rms ratings, i dont feel like searching on what people actually use for power, but maybe look into a 1200w amp? maybe a sundown, chances are you probly have the gain wide open with that amp and will eventually lead to speaker failure.

I honestly have not heard of many brands that are not Mainstream...other than DD because that is around here...Sundown good priced? Good quality? what amp? Honestly i am not looking to spend more than couple hundred bucks...im pretty low on cash right now and just started school which means work is cut back...sounds bad that i am expecting a decent amp for 200 i know...but its all i got. so i know my options are very limited.

i have not run a sundown product but people here love em, and jacob(owner) seems to have top notch cust. service. maybe look into a hifonics brutus amp, audiopipe. both can be had for around 200 i think.

Ok, loving all the help so far guys, just started today and already love this site....if anyone has any amps for sale that they think would be good for these subs hit me up, like i said trying to throw system together by the 29th....I 100% FOR SURE need to build a box....so help me please? pm'ed people i was told, but still if any of you know anything let me know!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

One more question for ya guys, call me stupid for even asking but...i do got a kicker ZX450.2 and a Kenwood 300.1...cant remember exact model, it is excelon tho...either of those work dec with these 12's? or mix and match?...like i said i just want to hit up the show on 29th and break 140DB is my goal...i know 140 is not even alot but it is my goal considering i have low cash invested into my stereo.

Box is definatally my main concern...but could i mix and match with the amps i got? i know i cant hook em together, but if i put like the kenwood on 1 sub and rockford on 1 sub? i mean...like i said, it is last comp of season where i am at, and i want to break 140db....birthday is up soon and i am hoping that i get an amp or cash for one...but for now i just want to throw something together

So i measured back of car tongiht, come up with 43in wide, 26 in long, 13 tall...if that isnt tall enough i can move in more, so i also got 43 wide 24 in long and 15 tall...i dont think i need to build a box to fill that whole thing haha...but that is like max room i got.

only problem right now is cash supply....and i really got nothing to trade/sell....unless someone wants to give me a sundown amp for my p3001 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif my birthday is soon...would be a nice gift...haha, but seriously yeah....i just am short on cash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.