Rocford Fosgate 801S

Participant count
  • Participant list
The amp runs 800 wats rms(988 watts birthsheet). I plan on using this in my wifes Trailblazer SS. Most likely on one ported 12 to help save space. Specs say 800 watts 4 ohm mono or 2 by 400 2 ohm stereo. Is it better to run an amp in mono mode or stereo? Or is there really any difference at all in sound quality, amp running hot, or efficiency? Will the amp itself run any cooler in 4 ohm mono vs 2 ohm stereo?

What sub and box tune would you guys have in mind? She listens to mostly country and my idea was to keep the box within 2 cu ft. While she does have plenty of space but we don't want to eat it all up back there.

The Threatcon 2 looks like a great option. Anyone agree?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.