robot underground?

This is a quote from Steven Kephart on another forum (he's a former Adire employee, so he's familiar with the Brahma);
"Just so you know, the Robot Underground subs are far from the original Brahma performance. They use a much longer coil which completely eliminates the XBL^2 motor topology, creating more of an evenhung motor. This means that BL will be very peaky (Madonna's proven peaky isn't good ), distortion will be higher, and linear excursion will be much lower. "

I would never buy one.

If you were interested particularly in a Brahma, I'd check out Exodus' "-X" subwoofer line-up. They use an updated version of the Brahma motor and are considerably more cost effective than the hack-job Brahma's sold by RU.
This from the12volt.com? I've spoken to him on that forum a couple times, not sure what other forums he may be on, just curious.

this is true i talked to pat from robot underground about this. the length of the voice coil affects the xbl^2 techongly, make the subs nothing near a brahma. but pat says he talked to someone from adhire that said using a long voice coil instead of the oem vc will only increase spl. cough ******** cough.
I think Dan Wiggins is a great source for answers on that subject... Which is where we got the parts and information. Kephart is just pissed that I posted his vid on YouTube.

I think Dan Wiggins is a great source for answers on that subject... Which is where we got the parts and information. Kephart is just pissed that I posted his vid on YouTube.
you are in with robot underground?

Mesa, Dasbot... why that's Patric of course. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wrency says:
Remember kids that your amp, especially a class D mono block amp will run full power into a 2 ohm load even though its 1ohm stable or states that it produces full power into a 1ohm load.. I know, this goes against what everyone says, but it's true. Simply adjust the gain properly to the 2ohm load and PRESTO, full power. If you want more info on this please email, robotunderground@yahoo.com Remember that an amp is simply a gain device. Signal in plus whatever +db gain the amp can do = output.
One of the funniest things I have read in quite a while...lol

Any of you guys go to DiY mobile audio? you really need to read the sales feedback forum on this robotunderground. Find out how this patrick really is Read it all. The last page is the bestyou have been warned

DON"T GET SCREWED
Next time, just provide a link. They talk louder than words around hare anyway.

i buy all my subs from ru only had one problem and he fixed it same day o and i live 2 mile form him so feel free to use me as a ref he know me as michael any ? pm me

i buy all my subs from ru only had one problem and he fixed it same day o and i live 2 mile form him so feel free to use me as a ref he know me as michael any ? pm me
RU retarded?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

could it be you live so close or maybe you are one of the lucky ones that got a good one... wait you did say it had to be fixed huh (theres your sign)

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/sales-feedback-forum/

my God after reading that I wouldn't admit to even being friends let alone buying anything from this joker

well it was a custom woofer that i wanted. spiderz were to small so i need 10" spiders he fixed it thats my point he fixed it and didnt act like a ass like i hear every one saying about him

RU retarded?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
could it be you live so close or maybe you are one of the lucky ones that got a good one... wait you did say it had to be fixed huh (theres your sign)

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/sales-feedback-forum/

my God after reading that I wouldn't admit to even being friends let alone buying anything from this joker

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jusBloud

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
jusBloud
tre4 N.C.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date