robot underground?

This is a quote from Steven Kephart on another forum (he's a former Adire employee, so he's familiar with the Brahma);
"Just so you know, the Robot Underground subs are far from the original Brahma performance. They use a much longer coil which completely eliminates the XBL^2 motor topology, creating more of an evenhung motor. This means that BL will be very peaky (Madonna's proven peaky isn't good ), distortion will be higher, and linear excursion will be much lower. "

I would never buy one.

If you were interested particularly in a Brahma, I'd check out Exodus' "-X" subwoofer line-up. They use an updated version of the Brahma motor and are considerably more cost effective than the hack-job Brahma's sold by RU.

this is true i talked to pat from robot underground about this. the length of the voice coil affects the xbl^2 techongly, make the subs nothing near a brahma. but pat says he talked to someone from adhire that said using a long voice coil instead of the oem vc will only increase spl. cough ******** cough.

If you were interested particularly in a Brahma, I'd check out "-X" subwoofer line-up. They use an updated version of the Brahma motor and are considerably more cost effective than the hack-job Brahma's sold by RU.

they look serious what would you compare them to?

I still LOL every time i see them try and sell ****.

"The neo version is like having a 200lb ceramic motor"

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LIGHTNING-STORM-TC-SOUNDS-AUDIOPULSE-10-QUAD-1ohm_W0QQitemZ310088832006QQihZ021QQcategoryZ18805QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

"Black frames like RE Audio and Fi are in stock though we can spray paint them any color of your choice. Most dealers just want black but with a custom dustcap. Other dustcap sizes and colors are also available. This is just the most popular."

spray paint ftw?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ADIRE-AUDIO-BRAHMA-MkIV-12-Dealer-Fanatic-kit_W0QQitemZ220282564594QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item220282564594&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

"Remember kids that your amp, especially a class D mono block amp will run full power into a 2 ohm load even though its 1ohm stable or states that it produces full power into a 1ohm load.. I know, this goes against what everyone says, but it's true. Simply adjust the gain properly to the 2ohm load and PRESTO, full power. If you want more info on this please email, robotunderground@yahoo.com Remember that an amp is simply a gain device. Signal in plus whatever +db gain the amp can do = output."

http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-4U-NEW-ADIRE-AUDIO-BRAHMA-MkIV-10-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ220264362074QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Subwoofers_Enclosures?hash=item220264362074&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

"FINALLY we got real specs! A shout out to http://www.partsexpress.com for shipping the WT3 kit with scale so quickly, (390-803), a must for any serious builder. Make sure to use genuine Silly Putty brand mass to load the sub. Two eggs worth does the trick along with some nice size washers."

http://cgi.ebay.com/HardTimes-15-Adire-TC-Sounds-Orion-HCCA-Incriminator_W0QQitemZ220294752943QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Subwoofers_Enclosures?hash=item220294752943&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

"Ohmey decal optional. We can also paint the cones any color that Krylon makes for NO extra charge. Texture, stencils and even custom etching available."

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Pulse-Storm-TC-Sounds-Sound-Splinter-3hp-uber-sub_W0QQitemZ220286955233QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Subwoofers_Enclosures?hash=item220286955233&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

spray painted cone!?!? hot **** sign me the fuck up!

If two speakers have about the same excursion but one take more power does that mean the one that takes more power will get louder? those exodus subs look serious but they dont take any power. will they get loud?

If two speakers have about the same excursion but one take more power does that mean the one that takes more power will get louder?
No.

If two subs are capable of the identical linear displacement (Vd), i.e. the same cone area and the same linear excursion, then they will have identical maximum output capabilities [all else equal].

those exodus subs look serious but they dont take any power. will they get loud?
It's pretty bad when a rated power handling of 600w is considered weak //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

But in all seriousness, they weren't designed to be beat on. They weren't designed to have kilowatts of power dumped into them. I guess it depends on how "loud" you are wanting. I have a single Shiva-X running IB on a 500w amplifier, and it has more than adequate output to do everything I desire. With this single 12" I'm able to satisfactorily feel the sub-20hz rumble in Planet Kryptonite or the canon blasts in 1812 Overture. It's takes a bit of displacement to achieve that.....so it's no slouch. But then again, I'm not looking for a 140db+ daily driver........

No.
If two subs are capable of the identical linear displacement (Vd), i.e. the same cone area and the same linear excursion, then they will have identical maximum output capabilities [all else equal].

It's pretty bad when a rated power handling of 600w is considered weak //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

But in all seriousness, they weren't designed to be beat on. They weren't designed to have kilowatts of power dumped into them. I guess it depends on how "loud" you are wanting. I have a single Shiva-X running IB on a 500w amplifier, and it has more than adequate output to do everything I desire. With this single 12" I'm able to satisfactorily feel the sub-20hz rumble in Planet Kryptonite or the canon blasts in 1812 Overture. It's takes a bit of displacement to achieve that.....so it's no slouch. But then again, I'm not looking for a 140db+ daily driver........

right now i have a treo ssi tuned around 27. I had it on a 1000watt kicker but she went in the wind. Im looking for the same deep sound but a good bit louder. Will the tempest x get me there?

Cant believe this company is still selling. I made a thread last year about RU being shady by selling those neo lightning motors for $300 on ebay. Couple months prior to that they were buying those motor from a audio store on ebay for $50 a pop. Ripping people off and putting ******** parts together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jusBloud

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
jusBloud
tre4 N.C.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date