Road Noise in my subs when I go over bumps

Participant count
  • Participant list

bevo993071
10+ year member

Jeep Dude
I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 2 - Infinity 1232w's at 2Ohm wired to an MA Audio amp. The system use to be clear as can be, recently I installed a CB radio and grounded it by the transmission, possibly where the HU grounds to. The Amp is grounded to a torque bolt in the back which attaches the female end of the seat buckle to the car.

Recently when I go over bumps, the subs will hit, and the harder the bump the harder the subs hit....

Should I loop it back to the neg. terminal of the battery, or should I take the ground for the CB Radio and ground it to the same place? The subs bump with the CB turned on and off, there is also a ground on the ant.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks

Alex

reground to the frame rail---down to bare metal of course--if that doesn't work then i would suggest running the ground straight back to the battery

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.