RLP's vs. SE's

phsballin4life
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
sc
Never heard the rlp's and i was happy with my se's but im still tryin to decide what to go with for my new system. Im goin 2 15's ported......So give me some opinions on the rlp's....thanks (goin for spl/sq 60/40)

I believe the RL-Ps are very good SQ woofers. I have not heard one personally, but I believe you would have more output with with these over the SEs.

the rl-p's have great output. i hit a 149.3 with 2 12's and another guy on the forums hot like 151 with a pair of 15's so they are very capable of spl in a good install and still have sq. with that said, if you like the se's the choice kinda seems obvious

we I dont know about RL-Ps but I can tell you my memphis PRs get way louder than RE SEs and run half the wattage. RL-P is suppose to get loud so I would imagine it gets louder than SE

2 Completely different drivers you guys...come on.
If you want SQ, go with the RLp. If you want to put up numbers, go with the SE's...or even SX's
The SEs wont put up huge numbers because actually the SE is very good SQ woofer, believe it or not.

The SEs wont put up huge numbers because actually the SE is very good SQ woofer, believe it or not.

and believe it or not the rl-p is a good spl woofer. mine was done on an ac, but i didn't do any adjusting to increase the numbers. i just hooked it up and let her rip. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i could've posted better numbers had i done something with the box, like fix the terrible leak in the port. in a good install the rl-p's can get loud.

2 Completely different drivers you guys...come on.
If you want SQ, go with the RLp. If you want to put up numbers, go with the SE's...or even SX's
not remotely accurate. The SE is in no way an SPL sub. SQ is great on it but it is not a "Loud" sub. From what Ive read the RLp is a Loud sub with great sq but a loud sub. Now the SX is a really loud sub with so so SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

phsballin4life

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
phsballin4life
sc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date