rf12"hx2 vs jl12w7

SOUNDz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
which one has the most nuts?will a bd1500 run 2 of each kind?the jls are 3ohms each.the rfs will take 750x2 using the bd1500. correct? the jls match the bd1500 cause they are 750rms, so 2 of these should see 1500watts. or by them being 3ohms, would this affect the amp to keep its stability?

i had a pair of 10w6's that i ran @ 3ohm into a punch800 and it was fine, i never had any stability probs. i would also recoment the jl over the rf subs, i think they are better personaly

thanx for the info. im looking for a pair of subs that do well with low bass notes. i heard good and bad about both but i know that people have say so's about everything. will either of these subs give me what im looking for? i want something to make me feel like im inside a giant heart beating

JL beats RF at any comparable sub. RF is all about distortion and loudness. The 12w7's are ratted at 750 wRMS. But if you build the right box, use the appropriate active 24dB/oct xover, use xtreme dynamat and give the CLEAN watts (not from amps such as RF, Legacy, JBL, sony, profile, MTX, or any other of thoose crap amps) they can handle about 1,500 wRMS and around 4,500 watts peak. Trust me, I know, I've seen and heard it all.

how can you even have the nerve to put rockford in the same list as legacy and profile? that's just like me saying phonenix gold amps are in the same class as audiobahn. you are smoking some good ass shiet

but what kind of amp can give these 12w7s the juice they need? i thought rf, mtx, jl, and kicker made good amps? i was thinking a bd1500, or a mtx1000d would do the job? i had an mtx2300, and i had 2 12s in a sealed box and it was ok. but i want something that has more power than the mtx2300's 750 watt peak. would either of the two amps above do the job? i want something that hits good without having to deal with getting xtra batteries and all that crap. iknow iwould need a cap, and i planed on having one anyway.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: SOUNDz ]

The fosgate amp would do the job for you. Kicker makes good amps, as does JL as you mentioned (but i'm anti-JL, so i dont suggest them =Þ). Other brands you can look in to are memphis, eclipse, phoenix gold, etc. but those might put a bigger dent in ur wallet.

thanx for the info. one thing that gets me though is that many amps claim to give a certain wattage, but how can you tell which is one of the best to get? x ample: bd1500=1500watts,mtx1000d=1500watts, xtant????=1000 or 1500watts. i have also seen other brands that have similar ratings about their amps.what im gettin at is what amps put out RAW POWER?

Originally posted by 01price JL beats RF at any comparable sub. RF is all about distortion and loudness. The 12w7's are ratted at 750 wRMS. But if you build the right box, use the appropriate active 24dB/oct xover, use xtreme dynamat and give the CLEAN watts (not from amps such as RF, Legacy, JBL, sony, profile, MTX, or any other of thoose crap amps) they can handle about 1,500 wRMS and around 4,500 watts peak. Trust me, I know, I've seen and heard it all.
yea i have seen them but appently you havent heard the fosgates in a good box i have a 15 power hx2 with a bd 1000 in a custom slot ported box and i have no distortion and awesome sound quality the jl's are to much for a w7 i have had jl and all i have done is blow them with my bd1000

Originally posted by SOUNDz which one has the most nuts?will a bd1500 run 2 of each kind?the jls are 3ohms each.the rfs will take 750x2 using the bd1500. correct? the jls match the bd1500 cause they are 750rms, so 2 of these should see 1500watts. or by them being 3ohms, would this affect the amp to keep its stability?
You also have to look at the damping factor since the father you drop your amps ohm load the damping factor decreases by half but i own a bd1000 on a power hx2 15 and its loud and very clean in a custom slot ported box that is 3.5 cubic foot

i wanted to know if 2 pwr hx2's will sound good in a small sealed box? i like the way that sealed boxes give you that tight sound. im just wondering if these subs can deliver those chest pounding snare drum type beats? and also, will using same name brand amps and woofers give better overall sound to the whole system? if so, well even if it didn't matter, i'm still considering 2 power hx2's. hopefully bd1500 has the nuts to push them.

yo, man that's a tight setup. how do you get a custom made enclosure like that? i would like to get a pair of those joints, but are they worth the money? if you dont mind me asking, bout how much were yours a piece? i wanted an estimate because i dont want to pay too much for them, cause i know they're high e-nuff!!!!!://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.