RF sub secure on box

Participant count
  • Participant list
They have 8 screw holes, right? If that's the case, I would just add 4 more screws to each sub to make sure it's secure. You never wanna use real "glue", but sometimes with bigger subs you can use silicon while screwing it down to make sure you don't have any air leaks. In your case, I don't think you'll be running enough power to really worry about alot of leaking. Good luck

Originally posted by violator5spd They have 8 screw holes, right? If that's the case, I would just add 4 more screws to each sub to make sure it's secure. You never wanna use real "glue", but sometimes with bigger subs you can use silicon while screwing it down to make sure you don't have any air leaks. In your case, I don't think you'll be running enough power to really worry about alot of leaking. Good luck
Hmm, won't the silicone cause rust to the speaker brace? I know they SAY it's coated with a lot of stuff, but I accidentally dripped a wee-bit of silicone on mine and after trying to remove the hardened silicone, the paint came right off too... I dont' think it's cheap paint either..it was a rockford...

And about weather-stripping...is that stuff about the same as those that cushions a PC mainboard and other PC peripherals? You kow, those black spongy things... I've got a LOT of those in the office, and from the pictures that I've seen, it looks pretty much the same...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.