RF Power HX2

MisterGrubbs
5,000+ posts

Kinda Old School
I've heard that these are great subs, but I have no experience with them.

I'm curious from people who have owned them or have been around them, how are they in output? Quality? From what I know they get fairly loud, and have mediocre SQ, but the build quality of them is very good.

A friend of mine has two 10's and he doesnt want them, both are blown, I was going to see about contacting RF and seeing how much a recone would cost for the two 10's and I want opinions to see if it's worth it.

All opinions welcomed

Orion 2500D would be the amp for them, in around 1.5^ft per sub ported at 32

Andddd lets see

In my 04 Mustang GT

The other subs I'm comparing them against is two AudioQue HD 10's, any comparisons are welcome as well.

If anyone has any input I'd more than appreciate the help.

Grubbs

Even some of the entry level RF subs of that era kicked major ass The Punch He2 for example was a very good sub. I have no experience with the HX2 but I wouldn't hesitate to try em for the right price.

As it sits, I talked to him and I can get both 10's for 50 bucks if I want them, and if recoen isnt all that bad it might be well worth it. I heard a car with two ported he2's in it and I was fairly impressed, off an 800w RF amp.

I can only imagine what two of these would do, ya know?

I'm just curious for some more imput, thanks for the response.

Oh and err, these are some heavy little shits, eh?

Power Hx2's are very loud subs guy I know had competition truck with 8 12's off 4 1500bd's very very loud. Dont sound bad sq wise either if you can get the mfor cheap plus a recone for cheap I'd say have some fun wit ha few new toys.

Anyone have ANY clue as to about what a recone would cost me on them?

They're currently D2 and I need two D4 woofers, and they're blown so I gotta get it checked out.

I just noticed they have a 4" VC??

I wont lie

I was considering MT HX2 hybrid

But isnt the stronger point of the MT the magnet? I really dont nkow much about how it would work, anyone care to inform me a bit?

What could I possible gain from doing MT softparts vs the HX2's softparts?

loudest car I have ever heard was with 4 of those ported in the back of an Acura rsx...powered by 2 RF bd1000's...like 2003 model wired to .5 ohms....it was siiiick...sounded sooo nice...had a nice powerful punch as well as great output.

I'm calling RF tomorrow out of pure curiousity, no doubt about that but errr

On a serious note

What advantages/disadvantages with making an MT/HX2 hybrid vs a straight HX2 sub?

I would call to see how much it would cost to recone it before I bought.

I've had my Punch HX2's since 2000 or 01 when they first came out. They have never failed me. Never a problem. I've been using them non-stop since I got them.

I dont think re or rf will recone em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif. How the hell did he blow it? I ran almost 1k to punch hx2s and never had a problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Bro to be honest, I couldnt tell you

At some point in the last couple of weeks he came accross them, he didtn blow them

My guess would be that someone didnt know how to wire and just screwed everything up, clipped or something

Why the HELL wouldnt RF recone it? I'ma cry lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.