Revised Soundstream TN4.900D Amp Dyno

Tech support guy isn't trained on ****. depends who you talked to but i think i talked to forest and we had some good conversations but he literally knew nothing lol
LOL.. Seems like everywhere you go or whatever you buy these days and have questions on, very little information is given about any product or item.

Reading this post ***** lol . I was a huge fan of the ppi900.4 but when the suply ran dry it looked like the tn900.4 was yhe answer . How good is the nvx and is there another amp out there that can match the size and power of the ppi900.4 ? 

i think i must have missed this one and ill have to check it out on my lunch or after work. ive always had a dislike for soundstream despite the fact that i know d@mn good and well that their old stuff is as good as the old stuff that i drool over. Its sad if what it sounds like happened here is the case. i assume that it was a total flop

i think i must have missed this one and ill have to check it out on my lunch or after work. ive always had a dislike for soundstream despite the fact that i know d@mn good and well that their old stuff is as good as the old stuff that i drool over. Its sad if what it sounds like happened here is the case. i assume that it was a total flop
Oh it definitely happened. And not only did they downgrade the internals and continue to call the SS amp the same model but, their tech line is telling people there are no difference when obviously there is.
As if that wasn't enough, now the PPI Phantom series (same internally as the original SS TN series) has been discontinued.
So, exactly what is going on with Epsilon? IMO, several things possibly. 1.They are just basically transitioning over to Boss/Pyramid quality level stuff in order to make as much $$$ from the names as possible before gutting/selling/closing the brands down. 2. The company is in deep financial trouble and are cutting overhead costs by reducing quality in a effort to create wider margins. 3. They're just idiots who didn't think anyone would notice the old 'bait & switch'.  

Of course, a combination of all 3 scenarios is also possible. This is Epsilon we are talking about!

Oh it definitely happened. And not only did they downgrade the internals and continue to call the SS amp the same model but, their tech line is telling people there are no difference when obviously there is.
As if that wasn't enough, now the PPI Phantom series (same internally as the original SS TN series) has been discontinued.
So, exactly what is going on with Epsilon? IMO, several things possibly. 1.They are just basically transitioning over to Boss/Pyramid quality level stuff in order to make as much $$$ from the names as possible before gutting/selling/closing the brands down. 2. The company is in deep financial trouble and are cutting overhead costs by reducing quality in a effort to create wider margins. 3. They're just idiots who didn't think anyone would notice the old 'bait & switch'.  

Of course, a combination of all 3 scenarios is also possible. This is Epsilon we are talking about!
my bet is a combo of the 3 in some way shape or form. sad sad sad.... like ive said before, i never liked soundstream, but they were a VERY respectable brand... not the case anymore. RIP soundstream, we will just have to honor and revere the old wares

so considering the ppi is no longer available, whats the current best replacement? the nvx 800.4? my ppi is starting to randomly turn off on me so i think its time for a replacement

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.