Reverse Mount Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

AlpineAudio
10+ year member

Right now i have 1 Alpine type X in a 13.5"x 15.5"x 20" Vented. I went by Alpines specifications. Should i try the reverse mount? Would it make that much of a difference with magnet out?

thanks for any hely //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

it'll make the box think it's bigger.
It will actually make the box bigger, boxes don't think. You are adding the volume that the sub takes up to the net box volume.

Why do you want to inverse mount it? Just for the hell of it? I doubt it will make much difference.

inverted subs went out in the 90's when they realized it didnt do anything to enhance sound, it just looks cool as hell //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It will increase the net volume and lower your tuning ever so slightly. Make sure you hook up the negative lead to the positive terminal on your woofer and vice versa with the other terminal so that the subwoofer still moves the same direction when playing since it is inverted.

It will increase the net volume and lower your tuning ever so slightly. Make sure you hook up the negative lead to the positive terminal on your woofer and vice versa with the other terminal so that the subwoofer still moves the same direction when playing since it is inverted
aint that what i said? in a much breifer way? lol:D:D:D

try reversing the polaritywhen you invert the sub

aint that what i said? in a much breifer way? lol:D:D:D
Lol, I just skipped the meat of the thread. I read the OP and then just started typin' away //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.