Rethinking my possibilities

Jared_109

I made the mistake the other day of getting in too far over my head on laying out a system build for it to come back on me and realize that it’s probably just not going to work. As some ofyou remember i have the 2011 Sierra extended cab and want to run something by Sundown Audio. Realistically what are my options? I’ve come to realize that SA-10’s just won’t fit with the proper enclosure that they actually need (or that’s what I’ve been told by people on other forums and the custom box builder in town). I was told my only Sundown option for 10’s would be the SD-3’s in a sealed box, and even the custom builder I have said he would suggest just a good prefab for that. However, I got to looking into some 8’s in the SA series or even possibly the X series. In a front firing box, under the seat would either of these options even fit? I know they’re pushing a 7” mounting depth so I’m not sure. If they do fit, is it possible to do a quad set up and ported under the extended cab seat? I’ve seen builds with quad 8’s under crew cab seats but didn’t know if there would be enough room in my truck. Or would dual 8’s be better for my application? Also would they be better, hit harder, and be louder than the SD-3’s? I’m to the point where I’m about to just rip out the rear seat because all these space restrictions are driving me nuts lol, but I don’t want to do that

Those trucks are always a compromise. I'd drop Sundown a line and see what they say about the SD3 with SA soft parts in your particular set up (probably around 1cuft of airspace ported each). That is an option with the B-stock sale on the other forum.

Those trucks are always a compromise. I'd drop Sundown a line and see what they say about the SD3 with SA soft parts in your particular set up (probably around 1cuft of airspace ported each). That is an option with the B-stock sale on the other forum.
Apologies for the dumb question, but what would SA soft parts do for me in an SD3? I’ve never had higher end subs before, so all of this is Relatively new for me and it ***** that I’m restricted by space due to owning a truck. I guess when you love trucks, and you love Audio, it doesn’t work out too well in your favor lol

Apologies for the dumb question, but what would SA soft parts do for me in an SD3? I’ve never had higher end subs before, so all of this is Relatively new for me and it ***** that I’m restricted by space due to owning a truck. I guess when you love trucks, and you love Audio, it doesn’t work out too well in your favor lol
SD3's are sealed only subs but with the SA soft parts they can be run in smaller ported boxes.

I’d do 4 SA 8s in a lifted seat box ported. Been done lots of times in like 2002 ext can chevys... not sure what a 2011 looks like back there but should be fine

You can raise your back seat up to three inches for more room if needed and the passengers still ride just fine.A 6'-4 person would have tilt theyre head a little or slouch down a bit to ride or have that tall person ride up front

You can raise your back seat up to three inches for more room if needed and the passengers still ride just fine.A 6'-4 person would have tilt theyre head a little or slouch down a bit to ride or have that tall person ride up front
I was going to go the raised seat route, but the guy who was going to build the box told me it would be $500+ JUST to lift the seat, not including price of the box:uhoh: so I’m not going that route for them to rip me off $500 lol

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_89325_Bbox-by-Atrend-A134-10CPV.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping-campaign-general&utm_keyword=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4_zVBRDVARIsAFNI9eDeslByDkpPK30e5d_zvEBYCFauPdzG_uAGftGFUc8hJ6hkA3y5P-4aAjCKEALw_wcB

I put one of these in for a friend of mine that wanted to utilize this enclosure for a American Bass TNT 10.. I just had to modify the cap on top with 1/2" MDF for clearance and it did really well on that Old Kicker ZR 240 @ 2ohms. He still runs it and it still sound great.Nice bass.Gave room to stack two mini amps under the rear passenger seat with sub under the drivers seat.4 ch on bottom wit 3/4"clearance for ome air and the sub amp on top to get all air flow and disto block

I was going to go the raised seat route, but the guy who was going to build the box told me it would be $500+ JUST to lift the seat, not including price of the box:uhoh: so I’m not going that route for them to rip me off $500 lol
What amp/ power you running?.Hellyou can raise that seat yourself for about $20 bucks worth of material with some help.Even if it takes you a weekend its worth it.Dont cut any existing brackets.. just modify to raise so you can put back to stock later if you want.The Attrend box

That single 10" attrend box/ported isnt the best constructed, but really does well for a prefab. and you can install yourself.The cap if modified will bottom out just under the seat but still sits well with anyone sitting back there as the cushioning is still almost un noticable

Ive got an older Audio Technix Strato 12 that I used and modified for an 06 xcab chevy sitting in my amp room that hit some decent lows on one my old school Mean Machie 99s @2ohm. Made your eyes squint just a bit when the lows hit, move the beal on your hat.Hit pretty good and sounded really good and clean.i bouth the 10" box and modified it for that 12. Did very well in an Xcab 06

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jared_109

Jared_109
West Virginia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
audiobaun