Replacing Stock Bose HU in my Pathfinder

Participant count
  • Participant list

LBC99
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am going to be installing a Kenwood DDX514 HU in my 2005 Nissan Pathfinder with Bose. I was wondering who else has replaced the stock Bose and what type of wiring harness/adapter they used.

I was looking at Crutchfield and it recommended I buy the PAC SOEM-4

Universal 4-channel line output converter. PAC SOEM-4 Universal 4-channel line output converter at Crutchfield.com

I've also seen just standard wiring harness with RCAs to connect to the Bose amp. Can I just use something like this? Best Kits BHA7551 Nissan/Infiniti Bose Wire Harness - eBay (item 350220322951 end time Jul-25-10 23:46:30 PDT)

Like I said, wondering if the PAC was necessary and what others had used. I'm just replacing the HU, keeping the Bose amp and speakers/subs.

Don't think you can just replace the HU. The wiring for both of those items are RCA outputs. The Blose amp doesn't use rcas. When I redid my system in my 03 Murano with the Blose I first spliced the wiring coming from the blose amp for rca's when I was using the stock HU. When I added an aftermarket I bypassed the amp entirely.

I replaced the stock Bose in my '08 Silverado but I bypassed ALL of the OEM crap...aftermarket H/U, amps, speakers, subs and wiring...also did the Big 3 and replace the AC Delco POS battery with two, yes TWO, Kinetik HC1800's...got a PAC_SWI jack for the steering wheel controls. I wouldn't mess with trying to integrate with the Bose stuff. IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.