Replacing JVC KD-R780BT with JVC KD-R895BTS is it just a straight swap

Participant count
  • Participant list

prix57

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I currently have a JVC KD-R780BT installed in my 97 Pontiac Firebird Formula Firehawk (factory monsoon sound) it works fine but lacks apple ipod support. It has the steering wheel controls adapter installed along with the hands free mic. Other than new replacement speakers everything is factory. No aftermarket amp or anything.

I purchased a JVC KD-R895BTS (on clearance sale) to replace it with and was wondering if it's just a straight swap without modifying or changing the wiring or harnesses?

Can I just remove the KD-R780BT and swap in the KD-R895BTS retaining the wiring for hands free, steering wheel controls etc? Or would I have to wire up a new harness?

Please advise.

Ok great thanks. Just waiting for my KD-R895BTS to come in. Hopefully it should be a simple swap.

I went with another JVC to avoid changing brands to keep the switch as simple as possible.

The KD-R780BT is a 2016 model and the KD-R895BTS is a 2017 or 2018 model I think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.