replacement speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

crgroven
10+ year member

I have a 2013 ram 1500 that takes 6x9 in the doors all four of them. Trying to get good info on staying 6x9 and what brand or should I go 5.25 comp sets with plates. any input on this would be greatly appreciated. please include brand and size you recommend.

I have a 2013 ram 1500 that takes 6x9 in the doors all four of them. Trying to get good info on staying 6x9 and what brand or should I go 5.25 comp sets with plates. any input on this would be greatly appreciated. please include brand and size you recommend.
if u were gonna do comps i would think u could fit 6.5".. few guys like polk and alpine coax., as a off the wall suggestion some of us think lanzar has some good sounding speakers (the $20 6.5" set i had were better than soundqubed i have now).. ct sounds strato and meso have some fans here as well.. ssa audio has nice mids and tweets if u never been to that site i strongly suggest it, nice stuff.. after all that how much u looking to spend on speakers?

CDT make decent speakers/componets if you go with the HD Series.Polk DB components do very nicely.Nothing you buy will perform at its best without some door deadening and preperations,and some clean power/amplification and or processing as well in majority.Throw in/drop ins, I recommend the Polk 6.5 DB 2ways with adapter plates,and use some a.b.s. to seal off as much of the opening as possible that is not needed

I'm trying to stay under 100 per pair but looking like I might have to stay 6x9 in the back and then comps in the front maybe. as far as brands I'm trying o stay away from the mainstream in my area, Memphis, alpine, Polk, kicker, Rockford fosgate, jbl, Kenwood, pioneer, treo, orion are all brands that I can think of off my head that I want to stay away from. as far as lanzar the subs are pretty good but amps blow easy. as far as regular speakers idk. looking at ct sounds, crescendo, the ct sounds tropo shallow mount speakersor the meso 5.25 so I don't have to cut into the door for 6.5 and if I go crescendo I was looking at symphony 6x9 or the symphony comp sets. my truck has the 8 inch touch screen but it doesn't have the alpine option to it so I'm not sure if it has a factory amp so may need to add an amp too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.