Repair guys-Blown DSC1500d

kr15
5,000+ posts

Polluting Residentials
California
So 2 nights ago I wired my dsc to 1ohm to test out a sub. First time I ever wired it to 1ohm, I have always ran it at 2ohm. My electrical really isnt good enough to support 1500rms, but this was just to test out a sub. I have a stock 90a alt, and big 3 in 0g. So I wire it, and after playing for about 5 seconds at a fairly high volume it cut out. My lights were seriously dimming during this time. So, I turned car off for a few seconds. Turned back on and played at a lower volume. Again, lights dimm and amp cuts out. Ok, my electrical isnt enough for 1ohm, so I plan to rewire to 2ohm the next day (yesterday). So i wire back to 2ohm, and is soon as i turn it on, it plays bass for about 5 seconds and completely cuts out...This time it wont even come back on. So I open it up, and no visable fried parts anywhere at all. So I go back and rewire ensuring good connections for everything and still nothing. And this is what the amp does; upon initially turning on my car, the square light on the top comes on for about 1 second, and then slowly dims out to nothing. At this time, the amp will not play and the protect light is NOT on. That light just powers up, and then dims out.......Any thoughts? Did my insufficient electrical fry it? Also, any one know the cost to repair it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

cehck grounds and fuses
why the fuck would it be a fuse issue IF it comes on initially... Not a fuse issue. you could have fried it due to very low voltage yes EVEN if nothing looks or smells burnt. parts could be damaged.

That ***** man. However I do have one idea. I had an issue when installing an amp for a friend. Amp was doing the same thing. Light would turn on, then dim out. Over and over again. I then realized that I never put the fuse back in the fuse holder lol(the one near the battery). So that light was turn on due to power in the remote wire only. Obviously the remote wire doesn't have enough current to keep the amp on, so it slowly dims out and powers off. Put the inline fuse in and problem was solved. I would take a DMM to your power wire at the amp and verify that you are, in fact, getting current back there. I have a feeling your inline fuse may appear fine, but is damaged.

Checked everything with a DMM, all was well, so I hooked up a Fosgate amp, and it is running fine. Voltage barely drops to 13 (although alot less watts then my MBQ was)...so the mbq is definately fried

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.