removing two screws that releases 2009 civic radio help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

09civic
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
In the process of removing the stock headunit in a 2009 honda civic, their are two phillip head screws that secure it down. In all of the DIY forums on how to replace the stock hu, they say just use a small screwdriver on them. Well these screws will not move for me. It doesn't help that they are in the hardest to reach places also. What can I do to get them to unscrew?

update:

Removed one of them. The other is completely stripped. The screws have a hex around them so hopefully I can fit a rachet in there. If not, then I guess I'm SOL. Unless anyone has anyother suggestions?

if its similar to my 2002, there are located behind the 9 volt socket.. just pull that out, then mine had 10mm screws, or Phillips if i wanted to **** myself over haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.