remote wire

well i got my amp hooked up and i am running it throw my 6/9 and i got this weird sound going throw it. What did i do wrong ? I ran the power wire and the remote wire on the same side and the rca wire's on the other side of the car.

make sure the rca cables are not crossing the power/ground wire down by the amp. are you running your speaker wire parallel with the power wire? this could cause a problem. but i would say make sure that you are not crossing rca's over power/ground in the trunk. try and route the rca around the amp, avoiding all power wires, and then try. also, if the gain is cranked up high, it will be more susceptible to funky sounds.

Hello ever one it sound really good and today i got my kicker L7 15" in I am so happy can't wait to start bulding the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

You can run your remote wire with the RCA cables and not have any problems at all, I've been doing this for years and years without any ill effects....the remote wire is carrying milliamps; interferences is not going to be an issue.

Im with G on this...ever wonder why they make rca cables with a built in remote wire running down the middle?

hello i have had my amp running for about 1/2 year and just all of a sudden the amp just turned off. This is what happens i turn the Cd player on then the amp turns on for a sec....then just turns off. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.