remote start wont remote start all the time

THUNDERBIRD
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
LANSING, MI
i had installed a viper 160xv on my dads 02 deville with the gray valet key in keybox. well the car doesnt remote start if it has been sitting for more than 2 hours so like in the morning it wont rs. it will rs if he drives it for a while. any ideas what that issue could be, and then also when he unlocks his car he likes to play the unlock,lock, unlock game cuz he is weird like that and when he opens the door it sets the factory alarm off. i never have an issue with it if i just unlock it once but when i unlock it twice in a row it will set it off. what can i do to fix these issues. o yeah when i try to rs it the led blinks once when i look at it so whatever that error blink means if that helps you. and we never hooked up the factory disarm wire either so could that be an issue?

with the lock and unlock, he needs to use either the viper remote only or the factory remote only, he cannot lock on the power lock button on the car then unlock on the viper without the alarm goign off, as far as the starter goes, i would say it is a bypass issue

try placing and original key in the ignition cylinder in the morning b4 trying to remote start without turning the key, thne try to remote strat the vehiche, if it then starts its a problem with the bypass

Also check the most common inhibitor failure of the hood pin. If it's grounded, it'll regrain the RS to kick in. A rusty or loose hood pin will do it.

we are only using the viper remote the factory ones are up in the attic in the box. i might try the key in the ignition. i know when we out the anntenna ring around the key cyclinder it broke so we soldered it back together and it was working like a dream. and the hood pin it fine it is a mercury switch and an checked it

um, first you need to tap in to the Facotry alarm disarm wire. that will take care of the factory going off.

and as for teh remote start. sounds like its going in to a tamper mode. due to useing a bypass

I think connecting the factory disarm wire will solve your problems. When you are trying to remote start, the factory alarm is preventing the system from starting the car with its ignition disable feature. That is the purpose of that wire.

yeah the tach is hooked up. so i guess i will pull the door panel off which is so much fun on that car but i know how to do it now. and try that. yeah i dont even get lights flashing when i try to start it. i told my buddy who is an installer that we needed to hook that wire up. i am gonna kick him in the balls.

yeah the tach is hooked up. so i guess i will pull the door panel off which is so much fun on that car but i know how to do it now. and try that. yeah i dont even get lights flashing when i try to start it. i told my buddy who is an installer that we needed to hook that wire up. i am gonna kick him in the balls.
Remember to use a relay with the factory disarm wire... also as stated above put the key in the cylinder and try remot starting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.