REM Wire On/Off Switch.

i was going to do it from the battery from the start but was told there were better places to.

and i got a 95 Honda Civic. and the lighter is hard to see were everything is at and the connections.

If you really can't get to the cig lighter harness, then tap into an accessory in the ignition as I said before. However in a 95 civic you should be able to access the cig lighter pretty easily I believe. Search the web for taking your dash apart.

Running a wire straight from the battery would be my last resort, personally.

Okay if you don't rely want to use a toggle switch and just have the amps turn on and off when the head unit goes off and on do this. On the back of the head unit the aftermarket harness you used to connect the new radio find the yellow wire, Once you found that tap into it tape it or solider it back up wrap it good and your done. That wire will only recive power when the radio receivers power. Call it a day. But of you still want your switch you can sill use that here just if you get out of the car with the keys out they wont stay on.

EDIT it's the red wire

LOL at the Pack'n'Play in the trunk.
Kids FTL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
A man's gotta have folding chairs. Otherwise, what would I do when tailgating? ... Stand? What is standing?

A man's gotta have folding chairs. Otherwise, what would I do when tailgating? ... Stand? What is standing?
Ah... I thought it was one of those portable cribs for little kids. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

What I did was run a wire from my battery to a toggle switch, and ran a wire from the toggle switch to the amp. When the car is off the amp will stay on, however if you can find a toggle switch with multiple inputs and outputs, you can wire up a led light that you can put next to the switches or on your dash so you'll remember to turn them off.

i bought a toggle switch today and its almost like a outlet plug with power grnd and source or w.e. and i have no clue how to run it or hook it up.

although i ran my REM wire to my HU and connected it to my yellow wire (battery). and i also put a fuse attachment to it also just incase. so that wont run my battery out right? since its not connected directly to the battery. and also. i still want the toggle switch just dont know how to install it

Okay take a pic of the back of the toggle switch I need to see if it is a 3 throw or a 2. You can wire it either way but I need to know the back of it. aim me if you would like.

Just hook up the amp remote wire to the red ignition wire on the back of the HU...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.