Release timeframe for the Excelon DNX8120?

I've been waiting for this thing for over 2 months. I've been without a headunit ever since too. I was on the preorder list and was told late Feb or early Mar. It then became mid to late Mar. I called Kenwood last week and was now told mid to late Apr. WTF kenwood.

On friday i checked with the place i preordered from and he just confirmed that kenwood has started shipping them out and he should get his batch today or so. The preorder price is $1280 but dont know if he'll honor that price anymore and i'm not sure how many he has left. Their site is http://www.wickedcas.com. They are an authorized dealer so you get the full 2 yr warranty. Crutchfield has it for $1600. There's a few other places that has it for under 1200 but no factory warranty.

i just got a text from the shop i deal wit and he finally has them in. but im not sure if its worth it. cause i heard there was a recall on the DNX7120, maybe that was why the 8120 was released later than expected?

yea, we have them in, we actually had to send them back to do a software update, got them back about a week ago, havnt put one on displa yet but it looks really clean, buttons are kinda small on the face

should be a really nice unit though

have one heading my way from wicked right now I'll and try and post a pic, it'll be my first real install and its going into my 08 civic si coupe. So a lot of the pictures will probably be help me please...but if you help I can get you a review or answer specific questions before you buy!

wicked is really easy to deal with so far too and excellent price for an authorized dealer, need that warranty on something like this. especially after the last experience I had with the kenwood/goodguys combo.

My local shop has the 8120 in a lexus suv. It is really nice and the Parrot bluetooth worked well. They linked my LG phone up so I could call my wife! I am more interested in the DDX-812 without Nav and I was priced $799. But after the kit , tax etc etc it will be close to a grand. needless to say I am buying my wife some flowers and THEN asking her if I can make the purchase! hahaha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.