Regular cab pickup box help...for dd1508

plugitin
5,000+ posts

She Bangs
Da U.P. eh?
Alrighty guys, got my t1508 in the other day and i wana get started on this box. Im kinda curious of where to point the port. Its going to go behind the passenger seat and i'm aiming for 1 cube and gona tune at 32. Also, down-firing, will this help with output? Lemme know your thoughts, thanks.

Shes gona be pushed with around 1k also...

will there be room to down fire, any who, port out the side BUT be carfull with port placement. if you search youll find about 6 months or less ago some one designed a box for a DD1508 and the port placement basically rendered no out put. there was a 10 or so long page thread about it

In a Toyota

Not much room in that truck

1 cube tuned to 32 Hz (that’s a very long port)

I’ve done 10s and 12s down fired in dodge Rams

That Toyota is going to be tuff

In a ToyotaNot much room in that truck

1 cube tuned to 32 Hz (that’s a very long port)

I’ve done 10s and 12s down fired in dodge Rams

That Toyota is going to be tuff
tell me about it...lol. I dont have a problem with the aero comeing outa the box either...the port would be 29 inches long with a 4 inch aero.

i've got a single cab toyota pickup, and i've managed to get 2.4cubes behind my bucket seats....right now i've got two kicker comps in it sealed...gets f'n loud for a single cab.....i've got an hdc318 that i've thought about taking the passenger seat out and experimenting with...lol

all 3 boxes look like this and are about 4-5" on top 8"ish on bottom 14" tall. pm me if interested.
05-1.png

if you can down fire then do it but i would just fire the sub foward. make shure you leave at least 3/4" for the vent in the motor to breath.

as far as power, the 1508t is no where near the same sub as the regular 1508 and most likely wont like that much power but you always have the gain control.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i would,imo, try for around .6-.75 cuft if you want to run that much power and tune near 35 hz. i know the regular 1508 dosnt like tuning much lower than 35 though it will still work and sound good tuned lower.

iam running a 1508 in my s-10 now(just took out a 3510) in 1 cuft and am feeding it about 1.2k. its not quite broken in but managed a 138.6 sealed on the dash with a tl. after a while it will be going in a .7 cuft tuned to 38hz or so and iam hopeing for low to mid 139's. we will see.

good luck and hope you enjoy your new toy.

-vic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.