Reducing Roof Flex on an Explorer?

Participant count
  • Participant list

AQHDC3
10+ year member

Ridin' 20s
Lincoln, Ne
I have a 1995 Explorer (see sig for details). Just looking for a good way to brace my roof or do something to reduce how much it flexes. It is layered with 2 sheets of sound deadner. Anyone have any ideas? I would also like it to look some what decent. Thanks in advanced guys!

I installed 1'' wide x 1/4" thick steel strips in a cross-brace pattern between the existing roof braces in my Expedition. I mounted them with JB Weld(lol) before installing the deadener and then applied the deadener over them.

more deadner... that is a HUGE surface area... I'd say 4 layers. 3-layers got rid of all the flex in my cadillac and gained me like 1.8db....

I have 50sq.ft. of deadener for sale if you want it... $70 shipped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.