Red protect light on Skar 1500.1

ten_ton_bass
10+ year member

I've had the Skar 1500.1 sitting in my trunk with no subs hooked up to it for some time now.

I have recently thought about selling it but when I noticed the blue light on my bass knob was not lighting up when I started the car so I went and checked the amp and the red "protect" light is on.

Is the amp fried? I don't see any external fuses to check, are they internal? Did the positive and negative speaker wires touch and cause it?

Confused here. I barely used the thing.

If you have speaker wires coming out of the amp and not hooked up to terminals on a box or something and they touched together pos n neg, ya that can blow the amp since it is effectively or basically a 0 ohm load when the wires touch and short.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

So I don't know what i'm doing but I really like the used H-KO but when i look at the specs it looks like it could overpower the sub if I'm...
Some equipment like AMPS comes with it no owner's manual. So the lights blinking on or off has to be taken somewhere else. Search engine. Car...
As title. Once i get to about 4/5 max volume my JL HD600/4 amp goes into protection mode on 2 channels, powering my mids. The other 2 channels...
Not sure If I can Help you fix the issue without being present.. But the first thing i would do is remove all RCAs and All speaker wires from the...
maybe bad amps. I would purchase a decent amp off of Amazon. They usually arrive in 2 days if you have "Prime." If the problem persists, you can...

About this thread

ten_ton_bass

10+ year member
ten_ton_bass
Lacrosse, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from