Recommended amp/s for 2 10" Alpine Type X's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

GaresTaylan
10+ year member

First time posting on the forums. I did some research to find out myself what to run to these, as well as did searches here but no one really had a solid response. My equipment is below, please keep the criticism light.

2004 Ford Mustang

HU: Eclipse CD7000

Spk: 6.5" Kicker SX Components (All-around, custom brackets to replace 5x7's)

4-Ch: Mtx Thunder1004

Kicker 1 Guage Kit, Metra Nickel Plated RCA's

I have a MTX Thunder942 running them both now, two separate boxes. This was from a pervious install, and obviously a bad choice since Im underpowering the hell out of them and they are dual 4-ohm.

I looked at the Eclipse amps.. my HU is my first Eclipse product and it cleaned up my system immensely. I didnt see any mono amps that they make that are 1ohm stable or that handle the rms requirements.

I have since had two other ideas. First, MTX TA92001, mono, 1 ohm stable. Downside is its about $1,800. Second, two MTX TA81001's, strapped together. Both are expensive options, and I will fork out that much cash if need be, but I wanted some other opinions. So, any suggestions, comments, etc.. are appreciated.

If you are willing to spend $1,800 on an amp then you need to CAN those comps you have along with the 4 channel amp and upgrade..

I would..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had a PA 2200d pushing my two 12" Type X's when I had them. It seemed to have had plenty enough power to push them. and it will save you some serious coin. Don't get me wrong, Orion rocks, that is what I'm using now( on L7's ) and Zapco is just bada$$. But the PA will make them wang enough for ya. Unless money is'nt an issue. Go with one of the others listed above. Good Luck, Later.....

Appreciate all the ideas. A friend of mind has an Uncle out in CA that can get me an Orion 5000 for $600 brand new. He usually hooks him up real well so I think that's the route I'll wind up going.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.