Recommended 12" Subwoofer for my system

lirancoh85

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi There,

My new system for my 2022 Mazda CX5 is almost ready and I need to choose 12" Subwoofer and the amp wiring kit.

the system is:

Alpine X-A70F 4 channel D class amp
Zapco ST2000XM ll Mono D class amp
Focal DSP FSP-8
Morel Hybrid 62 6.5" Active Component

any ideas for a sub that will suit the system ? The Zapco amp specs are:
  • Power @ 1Ω: 1 x 2000 watts
  • THD @ Rated Power < 0.2%
  • Power @ 2Ω: 1 x 1500 watts
  • Power @ 4Ω: 1 x 1000 watts

Thanks

I think the bad rep on those amps is a little overblown and most hate is from the multi channels getting really hot.

I really really enjoyed my SSA Icon. Are you going ported?

not sure what brand of subs you have access to there. May look at an Alpine Type R possibly

We have access to:

Morel Obviously as its Israeli :)
Alpine
Focal
Rs audio
Gladen
Apocalypse (seems cool but not sure they are for SQ)
Kicker
Rockford
Cervin wega
Image dynamics
JL Audio
DLS
Digital Design

Why not look into the Morel Ultimo Titanium 122. If I could justify the money for one, that’s the one that I would get. And, it would match nicely with those Morel Hybrids you already have.

You have some pretty nice equipment there, but I think I do have to agree with Marc2112 about your amp. I’ve seen some Dyno test videos of the Zapco ST-X amps (not of the one you have, although) and they did not meet published power specs.

If you could return that amp to Zapco, I think I would look at the Alpine X-A90M. Alpine has always been a little bit conservative with their published power specs and the X series of amps ranks pretty high in their line of amplifiers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...