Recommendations Please: Double DIN for 2014 Altima

Participant count
  • Participant list
Simple as that, looking for a great double DIN deck for a real sound tweaker. Loved my DEH-80PRS if that helps. Thank you so much for anything you can suggest.
Love seeing someone else with my vehicle (well at least the same generation). I would recommend a Pioneer AVH-X2800BS

Look up your vehicle specs on crutchfield.com and they will let you know what adapters you will need. Apparently I have to get a new backup camera when I get this^ hu

I was going around 500 or a bit more. I found the AVH-4100NEX Pioneer.....looking very nice with a full set of features including an EQ to help me nail the flat curve. Probably go with that. However, I am still open to ideas. I tried to go hi level outs from the stock...it's okay...but I should have known I'd want more.

I was going around 500 or a bit more. I found the AVH-4100NEX Pioneer.....looking very nice with a full set of features including an EQ to help me nail the flat curve. Probably go with that. However, I am still open to ideas. I tried to go hi level outs from the stock...it's okay...but I should have known I'd want more.
At that price. Just get an actual dsp

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Love seeing someone else with my vehicle (well at least the same generation). I would recommend a Pioneer AVH-X2800BS
Look up your vehicle specs on crutchfield.com and they will let you know what adapters you will need. Apparently I have to get a new backup camera when I get this^ hu
Great advice. Thanks! Yep...just got my Altima about a month ago...got a new system in it...now just have to complete the conversion.

Nex is very sweet. Try it on crutchfield and watch vids on it's audio and overall features. And nice bro, are you going for sq, mixed, or spl?
I am all about SQ on a mid-ranged budget, and I like my bass to hit too. I am one of those weirdos who crosses from Rock to Basshead music from time to time. So I guess mixed. Love the quietness of the new vehicles so excited to get a real nice setup going. It sounds decent now, but that stock deck doesn't do much for out levels even with my AudioControl. Just too on-the-edge for performance.

I have two JL AUdio amps and Morel Tempo speakers with a Polk 12"

I am all about SQ on a mid-ranged budget, and I like my bass to hit too. I am one of those weirdos who crosses from Rock to Basshead music from time to time. So I guess mixed. Love the quietness of the new vehicles so excited to get a real nice setup going. It sounds decent now, but that stock deck doesn't do much for out levels even with my AudioControl. Just too on-the-edge for performance.
I have two JL AUdio amps and Morel Tempo speakers with a Polk 12"
Nice fam. Let me know if you need pics from the empty: rear deck, back seats, trunk, and overall questions. Check my build in my sig

I love changing from rock to rap to classical lmfao

So I got the AVH-4100NEX and it is certainly a killer deck. Sound quality wise, it is outstanding, and the ability to tweak and adjust is as you would expect from Pioneer. Easily matches up with the sweetness of the DEH-80PRS.

The one thing I had more hope for was CarPlay. Yes, it works...once you have it all plugged in and don't have to turn off your car. As soon as you do, you come back...it starts playing....then it stops from no reason (because folks don't know how to code software). Then I have to manually get it playing again...sometimes by pressing play...other times by having to change albums because it is playing...but no sound is coming out. Probably just going to load up an SD card and leave the iPhone disconnected. The most important thing with any technology is that it works, and you don;t have to continuously fiddle with it....CarPlay...not so.

Anyway...the deck is otherwise the best I have ever had. Really like it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.