Recommendations on a double DIN with some requirements

Participant count
  • Participant list

aaji

WI
Hey everyone. I've been trying to hang onto my current head unit until it's bitter end, and it appears that end is near, as I'm starting to lose functions and visuals from my poor 2006 Premier DEH-880PRS that I love so dearly. Looking around at comparable functionality, prices, reviews, and videos, it looks like I'd have to spend nearly 1000 for what 600 got me a few years ago for audio control, comparable s/n ratio, and individual speaker specific hpf and lpf at variable curves, and 16 band control. So therefore, I'm putting a little more effort into making it more usable. I have a tower mounted ipod control that allows me to slowly and gruelingly go through genres, wait for artists load, select an artist, turn the knob 91 times to find a song, select it, then finally start all over again to select a new song. As far as new double DINs, it appears the Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS, and perhaps the 2015 Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS might have the minimum necessary audio controls combined with a nice ipod interface (where I get most of my driving music from, although I'd be open to sirius with recommendation, I'm a jazz head if that were to have a niche on there). The comparable pricepoint Alpine basically has a high and low adjustment, and the one above appears glitchy with it's security, and it appears I'm looking for a touchscreen, so the single DIN Alapine no brainer is out. Kenwood Excelon DDX5901HD, Sony XAV-602BT, Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS? Please recommend. If it matters, I'm using a somewhat mid grade 4 channel amp with JL Evolution V series speakers all around, with factory tweeters. Power is not an issue.

Audio is first priority, ipod navigation second. I'm up for some clever ideas and non global brands. Go!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.