Recommendations for 8" Subs........

I assume he's going to run them sealed right?

Tangband W8-740P can be had at PartsExpress.com for around $50. Was often compared to the older (better quality) RE8s, and I'm a big fan of those subs.

The ID8s would also be a good choice.

jl w7 8in is the best sounding 8in ive ever heard i have 2 in my car and out of all the 8' conf ive tried 4x 8in re's 4 e8's the 2 jl w7's smash them all and they can hit notes low and high that i thoght only a 12in+ where capable of. sure they cost $300 each but 1 jl can match 2 of most other 8;s
Wow, guess thats why i see so many in the lanes:rolleyes:

Thanks guys. Got more input than I expected. He is definitely going with sealed boxes, that much is for sure. I will check out the EDs and pass the info on.

pure sound gitting every note bass blending into the mids and highs seamlessly and handling low powe rwith great output the jl w7 is hard to beat if at all im sorry its true

only other 8's ive had thta came close where 3 jl w6's those rocked and 4 original solobarics back in 199* but either can be bought now so w7 best bet

I had two dd 1508's in a custom box in my single cab dakota and those things were loud and low, they were getting about 600 watts a piece and most people who sat in itasked me where the rest of the subs were, they couldnt believe all that sound was coming from two 8's. I was doing a 139.5 on a termlab at 39 hz, i thought that was pretty impressive for 8's!

The Image Dynamics subs are absolutely amazing sounding and have very good output as well. The DD subs are my favorite but I do not recommend them for small sealed cause they do not have the proper sound as they do in ported

Mtx also makes a 4500 series and a 5500 series 8" woofer they are not monstrous but their not that expensive and they sound good. I have a single 5508 in my 08 Impala LS running off of 100 watts and its in a Tline and it bangs hard its very clean and impressive

pure sound gitting every note bass blending into the mids and highs seamlessly and handling low powe rwith great output the jl w7 is hard to beat if at all im sorry its trueonly other 8's ive had thta came close where 3 jl w6's those rocked and 4 original solobarics back in 199* but either can be bought now so w7 best bet
i won't deny that the w7 is a great sub. the dd1508 walks circles around it, in terms of spl. the w7 sounded better though. you can't compare 50$ RE subs to 300$ JL subs can you? not realistically anyway.

jl w7 8in is the best sounding 8in ive ever heard i have 2 in my car and out of all the 8' conf ive tried 4x 8in re's 4 e8's the 2 jl w7's smash them all and they can hit notes low and high that i thoght only a 12in+ where capable of. sure they cost $300 each but 1 jl can match 2 of most other 8;s
its not all about the subs the box has a great deal to do with the way they sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.