Recommendations for 12's for Mustang

Blackout67

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jul 2, 2021
Will be acquiring an 03 Mustang. Looking to find two 12's for it. Gonna keep stock battery and alternator, but do big 3. It's a 3.8 V6 so I don't have a lot of head room in terms of the stock electrical system. Trying to keep it to around 1k for the subs and theres not a whole ton of room so I wanna go for two twelves given space and wattage limits to maximize output.

I like to try different subs. In the past year and a half I've had a single Comp C 10', Single Comp R 12', Single Sundown SA-12 Classic, Single American Bass Hawk 12, Dual Sundown E 12's, and finally what I'm rocking now, Dual Deaf Bonce Machete 15's (The Hawk was superb for sound quality and the dual E 12s were the loudest I've had). Looking for a mix of good sound and loud and I'll built custom making the box myself unless they're Sundowns.

Was Looking at SoundQubed HDS2, CT Sounds Tropo, or Incriminator I Series.

Attachments

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
My neighbor had an 09 Mustang GT couple years ago.He put a Kenwood HU in, a Clarion Preamp EQ, Polk MM6.5 components up front, and rear quarter panels we left on HU with Bass Blockers, and he put an American Bass XFL DVC2 12 in a [email protected] htz on a PPI Phantom 1000.1d and a PPI Phantom 600.2 I had laying around. I felt like that HU Dash kit was pretty over-priced for that car. It sounded very nice, ran that for a couple years. He has since took everything out and picked up a 20 model GT, and looking to do something with it. That One 12 got down pretty good in that car

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
Might look at throwing a pair of decent 10s in there, Might be just the right amount of space for a ported enclosure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.