recommend sub for low RMS (90W)

Participant count
  • Participant list
Underpowering your speakers will not harm them, however, if you would like a little more output with lesser power; you will need to look for a sub that has a higher sensitivity rating. Have a look at the Cerwin Vega HED, Pioneer IMPP or VCCS, Orion XTR, Infinity Reference, etc

take it easy,

-zane

Originally posted by audiolife vega heds ****. out of 4 people i installed them in..(granted they used q logic boxes) 3 returned them lol punch z's sounded better
No kidding? Only had 1 real issue with them thus far on my end; and that was actually power handling- also attributed to a faulty enclosure. Otherwise, no other issues aside from that. Not by any means a top SQ sub or SPL sub- but something quality for a small install.

curious...

-zane

in the standard q logic box they "pop" infact those and the sony and the lightning audio's all pop in that box..sounds like port noise to but without a port.....the heds just pop worse i think that ring they(q logic) use allows woofer breathing

Very interesting..........

I am going to have to get ahold of one of these things again and try to re-create this problems you are describing. Did this occur with just a few select woofers or several overall. This would be something that I would love to review and let everyone know how it turns out.

-zane

well i work at best buy...woofer in q logic box pop..in r/t box they rock you tell me... when they pop it sounds like the dust cap is dislodged from the cone... on display sony woofers show it the most..in car the heds really pop

have you tried manipulating enclosure volume, dampening-etc? Ported or sealed? Internal ft^3? Power? Crossower Frequency?

I could use the chimp way out and blame it on Best Buy- as I have yet to see a single one of thier stores that doesnt have most of thier woofers blown.... But, lets see what happens otherwise.

take it easy,

-zane

well we dont have anything to do that with there....and when it really comes down to it they dont give you time to "set it" or trouble shoot it...only testing equipment we have is our own dmm and a 9 volt battery

Originally posted by audiolife well we dont have anything to do that with there....and when it really comes down to it they dont give you time to "set it" or trouble shoot it...only testing equipment we have is our own dmm and a 9 volt battery
That would explain Best Buy in general then.... Now if they could figure out that tuning and tweaking the stuff may actually cause more of it to be sold...........

On the other hand, If I can get ahold of a CV HED woofer, or if anyone else can and would be up for some independant testing- lets see if this issue can be duplicated or if these problems may be from a design flaw-etc.

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.