Recommend some speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

VisceralSound
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well first things first, would it be possible to make a wood baffle that would make it so a 5x7 would fit into my 4x6 speakers?

I have a '99 chevy malibu, and I'm wanting to replace the front door speakers (4x6's) I was thinking the baffle to go bigger without doing too much to the door panel, or just recommend some good 4x6's.

Thanks in advance.

going larger may not be possible without modifications. even if you make the wood baffle larger, the metal hole may barely clear a magnet and restrict airflow. the best modification would be to run a 5.25" component set, you could possibly get a 5.25" to fit in the factory door location (with a baffle and new seals front/rear). then locate the tweeter elsewhere (dash/apillar/sail panel/etc.). you'll have to pull the door panel to verify mounting depth and configuration to see if it is even viable.

good 4x6 come in the form of a plate speaker with a 4" and tweeter mounted on a plate. you won't get much midbass out of them, but those cars rely on the rear speakers for midbass.

Infinity 6432CFP, JBL P6462, Pioneer TSP462, Polk MM461

I bought some MA Audio speakers on frebay well im using them for mid's and highs and they sound super and the plus was I bought them cheap. They sound better than some MTX and Polk speakers I had.

I have a cavalier that came with 4x6 stock in front and i'm running 6.5 componets. Had to make adaptor for the speaker, cut out metal in the door, drill a hole in my door panel for the tweeter. will be deadning soon and yes it was all worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.